"Can I eat first?"

"Of course, you can" He sounded confused "I'll see you in a minute then."

"I love you"

"I love you too piccolo" He hung up and I punched the bag one last time before heading to my room.

I went downstairs and heard my uncle laughing at my auntie. I walked into the kitchen and stood in the doorway looking at them.

"Move Lail!" She pushed him back and he just kept laughing.

"You still can't cook after all these years" he teased her and grabbed her hips holding her.

I bit my lip feeling a little jealous, while I always stayed logical once I knew that real love existed, I missed it. I had pushed my parents away because they were so in love only just recently had I started spending more time at home. They knew how I was feeling especially my mom, she read people so easily it annoyed me that I couldn't lie to her. So my parents kept their interactions around me to gentle kisses and touches. My auntie, uncle, and brother tried to but the three of them were so in love they couldn't not handle touching each other for a moment, and my uncle also made it clear that he wasn't going to not touch his wife around me because of how I felt. Which I appreciate it made me force myself to get over these feelings.

Where my parents tried to shelter and protect me my uncles, brother, and auntie showed me that I had to just grow up and deal with shit.

I hadn't been with many people since Gabe died. 3 people to be exact, sex didn't feel like how it did with him so I just stopped. Sex wasn't important to me anymore, it wasn't really important to me when I was with Gabe either. I liked it and I loved Gabe so it just worked out, but it was never mandatory for us.

"I can cook?" I said finally walking into the kitchen.

My auntie turned around and hugged me "Oh thank god. I tried to make French toast and don't know where I went wrong"

I picked up the somehow soggy burnt French toast and laughed "Right"

"Not everyone was born with cooking gifts like you and ya mamma" she rolled her eyes and my uncle kissed her neck. "Move"

"I learned" I grabbed the pan and threw out the attempt at French toast. "Grandma didn't teach you? Or auntie Tina?"

"They did" she bounced on her feet and I smiled at her. "Just didn't stick"

"She likes to be spoiled" My uncle grabbed her kissing her.

"Gross" I mumbled and felt my auntie hug me.

"You want us to stop?"

"I'm not even here" I reached up grabbing a new pan "not even here" I sighed. My auntie kissed my cheek and I turned around looking at her crazy. She started laughing "I told you about that"