Let's catch some air.

I was up at the highest altitude I had ever been in my life. I was in a gym battle that put my life on the line.

An Electronic scoreboard showed images of me and East along with 6 Pokeballs each.

Isaac: So... where is the battlefield?

East: You know I've always loved the expression "The sky is the limit." I like to take that expression quite literally in this case.

To survive, I will have to resort to any means at altitude.

I took a deep breath and held tightly to the railing as I grabbed a Pokeball

Isaac: Golbat, let's do this.

Chichichichi!

And like always, Golbat shoved my entire head into her mouth to show off her affection, almost tipping me over the railing.

Isaac: Golbat, I'm on the verge of life or death here! I know I've told you this is the worst time ever, but this is the worst one!

Golbat saw the height we were at and immediately retreated. The look on her face was angrier than you'd expect from a Golbat.

East: Right then. Yanmega! Let's catch some air!

Yammmmmmmmmm...

Isaac: A Delta Yammega?

Yanmega: Delta variant. The Orge flytrap Pokémon. A grass and dragon type. Using its wings to generate massive gusts, it blends in with the surrounding foliage and tricks prey into seeking shelter beneath its leaves.

Isaac: Wow, it only takes mutations for a dragonfly to be a dragon type. Go figure.

The Yanmega zipped through the air. It was so fast that I couldn't keep up with its movements.

Isaac: Alright, it's Grass/Dragon. Neither of them has an advantage in air momentum since they are both flying. I pretty much win through type advantage alone, so let's end this quickly. Golbat, Poison Fang!

Golbat's teeth dripped with poison as she flew to mark her territory but the Yanmega just zipped away as fast as possible.

East: Use Hurricane!

The Yanmega flapped its wings while spinning to summon a huge cyclone.

Golbat tried to evade it with her speed, but the open skies strengthened the attack and Golbat was hit.

My understanding is that Hurricane has a guaranteed contact here.

East: Now, let's use Leaf Storm!

Yanmega was shortly surrounded by leaves that joined the Hurricane

Isaac: If we cannot dodge, we will attack. Use Air Slash!

Chichichichichichichichi!

She flapped her wings, releasing multiple blades of air force in the direction of the leaves. Upon contacting each other, they separated in numerous ways.

Isaac: Yes!

Suddenly, the Leaves flew in Golbat's direction, bypassing the Air Cutter.

Isaac: What?!

I couldn't figure out whether this was the field's work. However, I didn't want to grab the book right now while Golbat was being thrown everywhere, so I assumed it had no guard.