Chapter 12: Broom, Broom

*ZOEY'S POV*

Me and Jamie are in the middle of a minor fight. He wants to buy me a new car as i'm still using my dodgy first car. But i don't want him to spend his money on a car for me.

"No Jamie. I don't want you to buy me a car."
"But i don't want you driving in that thing anymore."
"Why does it matter?"
"For one, you got in a fucking car accident in that car, and two it's a horrible car and it's not safe."
"It works for me and it's fine." I snap raising my voice getting more frustrated .

He takes a step back his face softening shocked by my tone.

"I just don't want you to get hurt again." He remains calm his voice softer.
"I won't Jamie. The accident wasn't even my fault."
"I'm not saying it was. I'm just saying i want you to get a better car that can keep you safer. Especially during the winter because of the snow."
"I don't need you to buy me a car. I'll get a job and do it myself."

"Why can't you just let me help? I just want to keep you safe that's all. You need to understand that someone actually loves you and just wants to make sure your safe. It's not just me. Our families care too." He says his voice hardening growing frustrated also.

"I don't need your help. With anything." Idiot. I didn't mean that. He's right.

I watch as tears fall from his eyes. It's my fault.

"Okay." He mumbles so quietly almost a whisper. He just stands there picking at his fingers staring at them tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Go home Jamie."
His bloodshot eyes snap back to me.
"What?"
"Just go home, i need to think, i don't want to say anything else stupid."

He takes a deep breath wiping his tears.
"Okay. I love you." He says before walking out the door hesitantly.

I leave the kitchen going back to my bedroom slipping into bed.
I let tears roll down my cheeks. I don't know why i was so harsh. I know he was just trying to look after me and make sure i'm okay. I messed up.

I mean it wouldn't even be bad having a new car. It would be great actually.

I decide i should apologise first and not be my stubborn self. It's my fault, i started it.
I get up and go to my mirror splashing cold water in my face making my red face go down a bit.
I put on one of his hoodies that's here and go downstairs putting on my slippers and a big coat.

I grab my car keys and phone driving slowly over to their house. I walk in and pass their parents room and down the hall past Staci's. She is on a date with Levi anyway.

I get to Jamie's door and hear sobs coming from inside. I feel my heart shatter a bit. I knock on the door.

He quickly opens it and his eyes lighten seeing me. He wraps his arms around me holding me. We pull away and go to his room. He sits on the edge of his bed and i sit in his gaming chair.

"I'm sorry." We both say at the same time. We snap our heads to one another.
"Why are you sorry?" We say together again.
"I'm sorry i forced you. I pushed it too far. I'm sorry." He says looking at me.

"You didn't force me, you didn't push me. Your right, i should get a new car, my car isn't safe. I'm just stubborn." I let out a shakey breath.
"I don't think i'm worth spending that much money on."
He pulls my chair towards him closer to the bed. He pulls me off the chair onto his lap on one of his legs. His arms rest on my waist.