"We're probably going to need fuel sooner or later." Vaggie said. "I think we should check to see how much fuel we have left and maybe try to find fossil fuels."

"Good thinking babe."

"I can identify what plants can be used to generate electricity." Stolas said. "I'm not sure if any are growing on this island but I can look."

"Excellent idea." Vaggie said. "In fact, here's a new idea. Angel, Lonna, and everyone else can stay here and sort through the devices, while you and I look for fossil fuels and plants that can be used for electricity."

"Okay I don't know if I like that idea." Angel said.

"Why not?" Vaggie asked.

"Because I don't want you going out in the wilderness without me."

"What's the big deal? I won't be alone. I'll be with Professor Goetia."

"Yeah but I don't know the guy. How do I alone he'll protect you? How do I know he won't just up and ditch you if danger pops up? No offense professor."

"None taken." Stolas said.

"Angel I don't need anyone to protect me. I know three forms of combat including dance fighting, I'm trained in using a fire arm, and being Charlie's friend, I've worked around predators many times. Lions, jackals, hyenas, you."

Stolas and Loona had to hold back their laughter.

"But you don't know anything about animals. You're a geologist. You only know about rocks."

"And nature and processing. I may not know as much about them as Charlie does, but I certainly know more about them than you do, tech boy. At least my studies have taken me outside. How far out have you been before this trip?"

"Alright, alright, maybe you don't need as much protection as I thought. But promise me that you won't go too far and that you'll come back before dark. Even if you don't find anything."

"I promise."

"And promise me that you fight anyone or anything unless you have to."

"Angel." She rolled her eyes.

"I mean it Vaggie. You're a strong and formidable woman but you can't take on everything, and we barely know anything about who or what lives on this island. So please be careful. Promise me that you'll be careful."

"I promise that I'll be careful. I swear Angel, sometimes you're more protective than my mother."

"Speaking of which." Stolas spoke up. "I think maybe Loona should come with us."

"Why?" Loona asked.

"Because your father trusted me to look after you until he returns. Which means you're my responsibility. Also I have a daughter myself and if anything ever happened to her, I know I would die. And I wouldn't want anyone else to know that suffering."

"And you think that if you do a good job my dad will bang you again, right?" Loona snarked.

Stolas blushed.

"Well that's just a bonus."

"Whatever."

"It might be safer for her to stay here actually." Vaggie said. "In matters of predatory beasts, the safest place you can be is in a large group."

"Very well." Stolas said. "But Loona please don't wander off. Stay right here."

"Whatever."

So Stolas and Loona left to look for plants and other natural resources that could be used as fuel and a source of electricity while Angel, Loona, and the others started to sort and break down the equipment.

"Get as much wire as you can find." Angel instructed Loona. "Wire is vital for this cellphone tower to work."

"Okay." Loona said. "But I'm not gonna get shocked by these wires am I?"

"Not as long you're not wearing anything metal."

Loona broke open a busted radio and carefully pulled out the wires from the inside. As she did this, she couldn't help but notice that some of Vox's men were whispering to each other about something. She couldn't exactly make out what they were saying but she knew for certain that she heard the words "Plan" and "Steal". Now those were usually never good words to hear in the form of a whisper.

"Hey Whitey." She said.

"The name is Angel." He said.

"Yeah, whatever. Quick question though, have you noticed how some of these men have been acting?"

"How do you mean?"

"Well for starters they don't seem all that tore up about their comrades getting killed last night."

"They're mercenaries. They're probably used to that kind of brutal shit."

"Okay but they're also doing a lot of whispering. Like they're secretly planning something."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. I said it looks like they have a secret plan. Key word secret."

"So what exactly is your point?"

"I think they're up to something and I don't think we should trust them. Or that Vox guy."

Angel looked at the mercenaries carefully, and like Loona, he did pick up on their suspicions behavior. And thinking back to Vox's plan to use one of the boats to make a large flare seemed pretty stupid. Maybe even too stupid to be believable.

"Maybe building a large flare wasn't the plan." Angel wondered. "Maybe it was to just eliminate one boat. But why?"

"Loona I think we better keep an eye on these guys. Especially Vox."

"Ditto." The teenager said. "But let's keep it subtle. Dad always says, if you get a feeling that someone's an asshole, don't let them find out."

"Right."

So the two began their own secret planning of figuring out just what was going on here.