"Oh yay! You're awake." Grammy Akari called out. I smiled and sat down at my unassigned-assigned seat. Grandma Hayami was reading through a gardening magazine while Granny Akari placed a plate full of tantalizing french toast in front of me.

Taking my fork and digging in, I took a bite. The delicious flavors melted in my mouth. "This is soo good," I mumbled.

"I'm glad you like it, sweetie!" Granny Akari smiled. "So, you're starting school on Monday, right?" Today was currently Saturday, leaving only two days of freedom.

"Yeah..." I stared down at my plate, moving the food around with my fork.

"We can give you more time if you need it, love." Grandma Hayami suggested. At my last couple of schools I was bullied relentlessly; getting jumped once a month, things thrown at me during class, name-calling, and general shoving around. Every school I went to hated me.

"No, I'm okay. I'm just nervous. I don't want to have to change schools again...." I trailed off, still staring at my plate. I loathe going to school but I know I need to go. I already feel guilty about not going and 'wasting' mom and dad's money. "I should call mom and dad today, I haven't in a while," I spoke aloud.

"Yeah, probably," Hayami mumbled, flipping the page of the large magazine. I nodded and took another bite of my delicious food, a dreading feeling slowly engulfing me.

Time skip

I pulled my favorite sweatshirt over my head and put on my old platforms. Today I'm going out. I can't stand having nothing to do, I feel guilty. I know, it's weird but I can't help it.

I grabbed my bag and pulled out my headphones. I plugged them into my iPod and played whatever song was playing before. I threw my bag over my shoulder and opened my bedroom door. I saw grandma Hayami putting on earrings in her bedroom, talking to granny Akari who was sitting on their bed. Granny Akari was bisexual before being bisexual was a thing. She married my grandpa way before I was born. She had my mom with him and then later they divorced because he didn't support her "sins." I think it's really sad people won't let others be who they are; it's not like they can control that.

I think I'm bisexual.

I have tons of support from everyone in my life but I'm still nervous about coming out. I think I'll stay in the closet a little longer. I walked out the front door of the shop as I hummed along to the song playing in my ears. People walked past me, walking dogs, talking with friends, or just strolling. I want to pick up more flowers for the shop. I love flowers a lot, if I didn't work at the bakery I would work at a flower shop.

I passed by tall buildings and modern-styled homes, trying to push past a large crowd of people. The song changed to one I didn't recognize, in response, I pulled out the small device and put my full attention on it. As karma, I bumped into something. Or, someone.

"Oh my gosh!! I'm so sorry!" I cried out, pulling off my headphones. I looked up at the person. A tall, muscular redhead stood in front of me. His blood-red hair was tied up into a small ponytail.

"Tch, whatever." He pushed past me, rolling his eyes, and continued walking.

'what was that about? why was he so rude, it was partly his fault too.' I took a step forward but stepped on something large and flat. My head tilted to the left as I looked down at the mystery object. "A romance novel?" I squatted down and examined it. I turned around to the boy from before and saw similar books in his hands. I quickly picked it up and ran towards him. "Hey!! Wait up, redhead!!"

He turned around, a deep scowl plastered his on face. "What do you want?!" I quickly stopped in front of him, holding out the book.

"You dropped this." I made sure not to smile. This rude ass man acts like he can treat me like shit and nothing will happen. His eyes widened as he stared at me, he stepped back a little and gasped.