☆4☆

Y/n's Pov

☆*:・゚☆*:・゚☆*:・

I sat at my small desk, almost cold tea by my side. Every season I come up with this new, 'never seen before' special. This season it was cinnamon spice croissants for fall. Now Im gonna do something new for spring.

I wrote down whatever idea popped into my head, even the bad ones.

"cookie flowers", "sweet spring rolls." Don't worry, they would be filled with fruit and be made out of pie crust.

I stopped. That's a good idea...

I ran out of my room, jumping down the stair and to the bottom floor. I raced to Hayami, shouting my idea at her.

"SWEET SPRING ROLLS!!" I yelled, standing in an awkward position. The customer who she was currently handling turned to me and laughed.

"What?" Hayami asked, tilting her head just like I do.

"Sweet spring rolls. For the special!" I started. She ushered me to the back so no one could steal my idea. "Chopped fruit in a pie crust, in the shape of a spring roll!!" I held up my notebook, my plan mapped out with different recipes and ideas.

"Hmmm, that's good but you know I'm not the baker. Pitch the idea to Akari!" She smiled brightly. She patted my head before walking back to the front room. I imminently dashed to the garden outside.

Granny Akari was planting different seeds in preparation for spring. "GRAMMY!!" I called out, running over the clean tile. "Look! Look!" I held out my notebook like before.

She studied it for a second, nodding and smiling. She  patted me on the head and said "Let's do it!"

☆*:・゚☆*:・゚☆*:・

My eyes slowly opened, the bright light from my curtains shining brightly in my eyes. I yawned and sat up, remembering my 'sweet spring roll' idea when I was 8. When I started this job I had the honor of coming up with a special.

'Maybe we could bring it back?' I decided to focus on something that I wouldn't have to deal with for weeks to try and take my mind off of the inevitable. School.

Everyone hated school. and if they didn't...they were lying. I especially hate school because I'm not a good student and the pressure from my parents doesn't help. I rolled over, trying to fall back asleep.

After a couple of minutes, I gave up. Just as I reached for my door handle someone opened it for me. I jumped back in surprise, and my eyes widened. "Oh! You're awake!" Hayami said. "Breakfast is ready if you want to, love."

I smiled and nodded, my heart still pumping fast. She closed my door and left, leaving me with only the sound of my heartbeat. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and made my way to my desk.

After all these years, my room hasn't changed much. My parents used to stay in a hotel or sleep in the kitchen when we visited. I thought it was weird but more room for myself. The only thing that changed was I now had more decorations, a keyboard piano in the corner, and much more books.

I used to read a lot, and sometimes I do but I'm not into it like I used to be. I pulled out the small rolly chair and sat down, twisting and bouncing my leg on the ground. I leaned back and thought.

'Do Honey and Mori actually want to hang out with me? Or are they just doing it because they feel like they have to? Or are they just using me for free food?' My mind spun twisted lies as I slowly panicked more.

As soon as I realized what I was doing I jumped up and walked downstairs. A delicious, comforting smell of french toast filled the air, pulling me away from my negative thoughts.