4 | stolen kisses & secret manuscripts

Start from the beginning

All Cate did was blink at him which startled him. She had an expression of obliviousness on her face; her eyebrows were furrowed as her glazing eyes looked back at him with confusion filled in them.

Ryle had the intense urge to punch a fist in all of her exes' faces. How could they have never taken a chance to create such stolen, precious moments with her? She deserved it. Couldn't they see? If he were in their place, he would have taken such moments every day, made her feel special in the most arbitrary moments. He would have sneaked in with her during work hours to have a make-out session that was hot and heavy in the archive room. He would have given her time whenever she had asked for it. He wouldn't have made her wait unless it was to draw more pleasure from her.

"You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?" he asked Cate.

She shook her head in a negative motion. "It makes zero sense."

Ryle dropped his hands from around her, placing one on his hip while he pinched the center of his forehead with the other. Rage boiled through him, short-circuiting his nerve endings.

"Ryle? You okay?" she asked, concern in her voice.

"Yeah...I'm fine," Ryle gritted out.

He heaved a sigh, looking around to find that they were near the archive room's door. He had his back to it and an idea stormed his mind with the speed of light.

"What about me?" he asked, turning to Cate.

"What about you?" she voiced in perplexity.

"Would you like to have a sneaky adventure with me? In there?" He pointed with his thumb to the archive room.

Blood rushed up Cate's face, turning her pink. "You want me to sneak into the archive room with you?"

"Doesn't sound exciting when you put it like that." Ryan gave her a blank look. "How about 'You want me to sneak into the archive room with you so that we can have a rendezvous'?"

"We're in the office! Stop being so shameless."

"Bold of you to assume I care." Ryle tsked. "Now would you like to have a night that you'd remember forever?"

"Well...when you put it like that..."

Ryle didn't wait to hear more. He grabbed her hand before pushing open the door of the archive room. He hauled Cate with him into the dark room, closing the door back shut and locking it.

"What are you doing?" Cate asked when he turned to face her, her figure becoming slowly recognizable as his pupils adjusted to the sudden loss of brightness.

She seemed hesitant but didn't back away when he stalked closer, caging her against the wide desk behind her where old files were stacked neatly because Sam preferred having physical copies of every minute contract.

His hands reached for Cate's waist. She gasped when he lifted her in the air before placing her gently on the desk. He got between her legs, her tight dress spreading over her thighs, shapely and round. His hands landed on her thighs, fingers digging into their roundness.

"Wanna have a secret adventure, kitty Cate?" he husked near her ear.

She gazed at him with hazy eyes, the first smoke of lust clouding the pupils. "What kind of adventure?"

"The kind that makes you wet for me."

Cate's cheeks were blossoming red. Her hands found the collar of his shirt, manicured nails curling around the material.

"Show me how," she whispered between them, her eyes flickering to his lips.

Ryle let out a growl that was barricaded inside his chest for too long before he smashed his mouth with hers. Their breaths fused as Cate gasped, her fingers on his collar tightening when their mouths fit perfectly, the taste of her lipstick the first thing Ryle could taste at all before she succumbed.