Chapter 8 - Saturday

AN: Trigger warnings - mentions of miscarriages.

*******

Paul

'What're you thinking about?' I asked the angel sitting across me. Thankfully today, the weather was beautiful, not a cloud in the sky. She sat cross-legged, a notebook perched on her lap. Her hair was pulled back in a messy updo, her skin glowed as she basked in the aftermath of our physical liaisons. 

'About how insatiable you are,' she said teasingly, earning a blush from me. 

'Can you blame me?' I grinned, strumming a few more chords on my guitar.

It was true. But she started it. After we fell asleep last night, she seemed to have a sex dream of sorts and her gyrations gained my attention. I had her once then, and once again around dawn. And then this morning, when she woke up to the sight of me eating her out.

I was insatiable. All for her.

Now that I had her, in my arms, how could I let her go? Here she was, dressed in my clothes, walking around bare-foot, hair pulled back. She would steal kisses from me while I sat on the kitchen counter, waiting for her to finish cooking, which she refused to take any help for. And while I thought this was as good as it would get, she ordered me to carry my guitar to the backyard where she and I began to write music together.

Together.

I had never had a writing partner after John. He and I worked so well together because we knew each other completely. He was my best mate and a part of me was scared to death to go completely solo, not have the Beatles have my back. Yes, I released a solo album, but I still had the cushioning which were my mates. I was afraid of being all by myself.

Until Aurelia turned up.

 She was glorious, gorgeous and I could not stop myself from having her.

Aurelia shook her head in response, giggling softly. 'Did you get the chords?'

I played her pattern, strumming rhythmically in the 4/4 time signature. She nodded her head to the rhythm, biting her lip as she focussed. 

'How about...you touch D7 and then take it to G, resuming with the remaining chords?'

I furrowed my brows. No one had ever made suggestions to me like this in the last couple of years. I was the one leading the team, which made me immune to answering anyone. But my gut told me to do as she said. I did so, and marvelled at how complete the verse sounded.

'That does...sound good,' I admitted, earning another smile from her. 'Can you sing the whole thing, darling? I'll play.'

She sang the tune just as I imagined, using 'da-dum' instead of actual lyrics because I had not written anything. Her voice went beautifully with the song's ballad-like structure. Something in winds seemed to change with us partnering musically. The air seemed purer, the sky seemed bluer, and the green in my garden had never been more soothing to the eye.

Aurelia Forbes was magic come to life.

'What do you think?' she asked me, unsure of herself. 'Good? Bad?'

'Beautiful,' I told her honestly. 'I loved it. You'll be singing this, right?'

'What?' she squeaked, not sure if she heard correctly. 'Me?'

'Of course,' I replied. 'It has to be you.'

'Do you think I can do it?'

I kept my guitar aside, scooting closer to her. 'Aurelia, I'm telling you this as the person who has been mentoring you for the past few weeks. You are insanely talented. It's one of a kind. Never doubt your abilities. Do you understand?'