Ch. 5: Mission Day

Raditz woke the two of you up pretty early in the morning, but for once you actually slept well, no nightmares or anything to be had. Vegeta's training regiments had you up way earlier than this, and for some reason, sleeping around Kakarot- no, Goku- helped keep you at ease.

"Breakfast time!" He yelled excitedly, already in his armor. It of course was adorned in the Prince's colors, and you groaned as you realized yours would more than likely be the same. You went to the bathroom and changed into the new armor you had been given; it was similar to the armor you wore yesterday, just with the colors having been changed to match Vegeta's. The body suit was a dark blue, with the stomach piece, shoulder, and knee pads the same shade of yellow as Vegeta's. Goku groaned from his bed and covered his face with his pillow when you opened the blinds to let the light in.

"Goku come on, you gotta get up," you said, shaking him gently.

"Goku? Since when did you start calling him that?" Raditz laughed. 

"Since he showed me his silly monkey doll last night," You replied with a smirk. Goku moved the pillow from his face to raise a groggy eyebrow at you and you gave him a wink. "I didn't know adult saiyans still slept with dolls, or gave them silly names like 'Goku.'"

Raditz laughed and gave him a playful shove. "I had no idea you were such a baby dude," he laughed. "Now come on we gotta go eat before it's time to leave!"

Goku realized you were teasing him so you didn't have to tell Raditz what the significance of this new name was. "Bwahhhh don't make fun of my toyyyy," he said, shoving Raditz and getting out of bed. He gave you a thumbs up and you face palmed; his acting skills were horrible. Raditz didn't seem to care one way or another.

After Goku got dressed, the three of you slipped on your scouters and headed off towards the barrack's dining hall together. You got a lot of strange stares from saiyans you didn't recognize, and a few even whistled at you, to which Raditz replied, "DO THAT AGAIN AND I'LL RIP OUT YOUR THROAT!" You loved your friends.

As you got closer, you could hear the loud laughs of the guards already enjoying their breakfast. The food was set up buffet style and, while it wasn't five-star dining, the food was palatable. You walked over to the table meant for the higher-class guards, denoted by your fighting ability. Each table in the cafeteria was seated this way, and you were surprised to see a certain bald headed saiyan already there.

"Nappa!" You smiled, wrapping your arms around the older saiyans shoulders as he laughed.
"Well someone seems a lot happier than I would have guessed!" He grinned. "Come on, I already got you guys your favorites." You sat down in front of the pile of waffles, eggs, and bacon Nappa had grabbed for you. Raditz's was similar, with pancakes instead. Goku, however, had a bowl of rice porridge with bacon and eggs on top. The four of you dug into your food, with Nappa ripping apart some sort of meat on a bone.

"How'd you sleep last night?" Nappa asked between bites. "Did you like your roommates?"

"Well one snores as loud as Frieza's planet destroyer attack," you laughed.

"I AM NOT THAT LOUD!" Raditz shouted back. 

You and Goku didn't even hesitate to respond to him, "YES YOU ARE!" The three of you fell into a fit of giggles as Nappa bristled, eyes shooting between the three of you.

"They're your roommates?" He asked, pointing to them with his now clean bone. "You aren't with the female warriors?" You shook your head.

"We asked for her to stay with us, and the commander owed us a favor," Raditz smirked. "Plus it's not like there's that many female guards to begin with. The commander didn't want to empty out a room just for one girl to stay in."