Your best friend-Sirius Black x Remus! Little sister x Reader (P1)

(A/N: Part 1 of this story is based on a dream of mine, but extended into more detail for the story. I was heartbroken when my sister woke me up ringing me<\3)

With furrowed brows, Y/N snuck down the stairs of her house as her parents and brother slept soundly. She opened a cupboard that she heard constant rattling from, that almost sounded like metal. Quietly opening the door of the small boiler cupboard where she heard the rattling, she heard metal falling for a few seconds onto the floor, but the sound seemed so much louder because of the quiet in the old house. Relaxing from gritting her teeth, and squeezing her eyes shut in hopes it would quieten the sound, she opened one eye and then the other as she saw the gold chains in a pile on the floor.

Kneeling down, she picked up and separated some of the chains to see symbols and patterns on them. Gathering them in the pocket of her dressing gown, Y/N turned off the light and closed the door of the cupboard. She held her hand over the pocket full of chains to avoid them rattling as she made her way back upstairs, past her parents and brothers room, to her room at the end of the corridor. Opening and closing the door, she took the chains out and put them on the bedside table in a pile, thinking nothing of them and heading to sleep herself.

Waking up with a jolt from a dream, Y/N looked around at the open train carriage and felt the chains filling the pocket of her fur lined coat. Looking at the symbols again, her first thought was to find Sirius. Sirius black. Calling out his name, no one even looked back. Almost like no one were to acknowledge that Y/N was even there. Sitting back down in defeat, she separated the chains once again and laid them out on her mini table trying to make some sense out of them.

Y/N made her way off the train and jumped on the self-pulling cart to hogwarts, making her way with the rest of the students to the great hall and preparing for the new first years to be sorted into their houses. When they had been, everyone tucked into the food that was presented in front of them. The buffet was quite literally an all you can eat. Meats, veg, sweets, drinks of choice. Hogwarts was truly an amazing place. When the returning meal was complete, all the tables were stacked up so they were in the form of bleachers.

Y/N caught sight of Sirius and called out his name. He looked at her with a blank expression, but he was quick to turn away from another student he was talking to, to walk towards a door at the back of the great hall. Y/N tried to follow his footsteps and get through the door, but as she got there the door had been locked and not even alohomora could unlock it. With the other students looking at her, some laughing, she glared at them and caught up with Remus walking through the great hall.

"Remus! Just the person I needed." Y/N jogged over to Remus and he turned to her with a curious 'Hm' "Do you know where Sirius is? Or where he could've at least disappeared to?"
"Hello to you too Y/N. But no, I don't. He seems to be doing that... a lot recently."
"Oh bloody hell, okay. No worries. Thank you." Y/N gave a disappointed smile and sighed in defeat.

She spend the rest of the day searching the grounds for the curly haired student. But he was nowhere to be found. As she passed the great hall later that evening to make her way to the courtyard, the figure of Sirius caught her eye.
"Hey Black..! Sirius?!" Y/N called out in hope, but a smile of relief formed as he stopped walking. That smile was quickly wiped off her face as he took his wand out, and turned around hitting Y/N with a nonverbal spell.

When Y/N realised she didn't have her wand on her, she squeezed her eyes shut and thought back to her dream where she has a pen that had a lid to make it look like a wand and the lid was the handle. When she reopened her eyes, she felt the solid wood in her hand of the wand she thought back to in her dream. Dodging another spell aimed at her by rolling to the side, she picked herself up and aimed the wand back at Sirius.
"Expelliarmus!" Y/N called. It wasn't much, but it was definitely a start.