𝟮𝟵 ~ 𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗽𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

how is everyone??

as a few days have gone by, the two eldest son's of both family's had gotten closer than ever; especially with neteyam's memories retrieved.

considering how the both boy's have fallen for each other without the other knowing, during some situations they've caught themselves flustering the other.

ao'nung wasn't sure if he was imagining it but at times, especially when he's busy hunting or doing tasks around the village, neteyam would be sending him stares of want.

little did he know, neteyam had also noticed the same thing coming from the heir.
needless to say, it's been an off and on situation for the two of them.

regardless of these mishaps, whenever they're together the world seems to stop for awhile.

forthwith, ao'nung had just gotten back from a hunt past the reefs with tonowari and the hunters, completely exhausted with the incapability of keeping his eyes open and fatigue running over his body.

"oh! nung!" neteyam exclaims as the heir stumbles his way closer to the boy, still half lidded.

neteyam instantly drops what he had been doing and rushes over to ao'nung who momentarily digs his chin into the omaticaya boy's shoulder.

"are you okay?" neteyam whispers, having both arms safely around the weary male.
ao'nung just hums in response, almost feeling himself falling asleep by just having neteyam's presence beside him.

"ah- i'm gonna go sleep." ao'nung groans, detaching his chin from neteyam before slumping his way back into his pod.

as the heir slowly walks off, neteyam just tilts his head in concern yet; he couldn't help but laugh at the boy's mannerism.

a complete simpleton when exhausted.

either way, neteyam slowly retrieves back to what he was previously doing, hoping he'd have a good afternoon nap.

through and through, neteyam slowly feels the exhaustion catch up to him.
he wasn't sure if it was because of the sight of ao'nung practically falling asleep or that he didn't catch enough sleep.

"nete, everything's done now, thanks again for the help" xau'n sends of a small smile, expecting neteyam to respond as he usually would but; the boy completely ignores the girl and walks off.

even with his memories back, xau'n felt guilt eating her up from the insides and seeing that behaviour coming from none other than neteyam, she didn't bother going after him.

neteyam then proceeds to head back into his family's pod, virtually stumbling over various items laid about inside as well as through the entrance.

immediately, he falls onto his bed as a heavy huff echos through the pod;
ultimately allowing the fatigue to overtake him completely, letting his heavy eyelids fall deeper.

-

as the moon starts to shifts from the sun, neteyam's consciousness returns; eyes blurred at whilst gazing out into the ocean sea.

that's when a ponderous arm could be felt strangling him.
could've been the reason why the boy woke up.

he tries his best to turn around with his entire body to see what this thing is beside him.
as soon as neteyam's gaze falls onto a familiar face, his eyes widen.

why .. is nung here..?

in moments of silence and recollection, ao'nung's eyes begin open underneath a squint along with a weak smile.
"hi teyam"
his voice echos hoarse into the air between them before immediately moving his arms away from the boy in realisation.