𝟭𝟳 ~ 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗺𝗲?

sumn abt today makes me want to crawl down into a 6ft hole and cry my eyes out.

it had already been a few days since ao'nung's whole demeanour alternated into someone unrecognisable to his family.
and from this; they've gotten a little too mindful on the boy where they wouldn't allow him to be alone during tasks.

the metkayina family reckons that rotxo deserves anything good in the world considering how he was mainly the one who's been stuck by the boy.

as of currently, ao'nung and rotxo had been asked to feed the ilu's; it was their turn anyway.

while the two had been sat by the dock, silence had followed them wherever they went.
rotxo disliked how nonchalant ao'nung had gotten.
sad to say, he misses his sneaky remarks and perhaps, the unneeded facial expressions.

on the other hand, ao'nung didn't want to speak a vowel.
with his eyes all banged up from the consistent sleepless nights, his chin quivers ever so often every time neteyam floods his mind.

the younger metkayina isn't used to this sight either, having no idea on how to cheer the boy up so he's just been by his side.
that's the least rotxo could do right now.

"you think he'll wake up soon..?"
ao'nung's voice transits into shakes, evidently holding back the pushing sobs.
"i know he will. c'mon, cheer up"
rotxo smiles softly.
at least he's starting to talk.

"or do you want me to dance to baby shark?"
rotxo grins, nudging ao'nung who's now tightening his lips in remembrance of the boy's stupid dance.

ao'nung comes quick to shake his head, not wanting to see the atrocity.
"i'm good."
a weak whisper itches the boy's ears who begins to pursue his lips tightly and eyes avert away.

maybe it's best to not push it.

hence, silence lurk over the two once more.
even though ao'nung didn't have the energy to voice his thoughts, rotxo's company keeps him sane and the appreciation has gone far through the limits.

"ao'nung!" a high pitched voice occurs behind them as rotxo quickly turns his head while the heir's neck stays steady.

"xau'n?"
"where's nete?"

the mention of the boy's name causes a twitch reaction throughout ao'nung's bones, mind being filled with the omaticaya boy once more.
"ah.." rotxo eyes over to ao'nung, noticing the sudden reaction, now standing up and pulling her away from ao'nung.

"he's uh.. just been in an accident. teyam needs to rest." rotxo whispers as his eyes have been glued onto the timid boy; making sure he's unable to hear.

"accident?! is he-"
"shh! shut the fuck up"
rotxo quickly whisper yells, placing his entire palm over xau'n's mouth.

"oh my eywa you're so loud"
a mumble gets thrown under his breath, releasing a sigh of frustration.

"is he okay? i need to check up on him, what happened? why did it happen? how could it happen-"
she continues to blabber on with questions with her voice starting to levitate before ao'nung scowls.

"xau'n. it's literally none of your business."
he grits his teeth whilst still looking over at the playful ilu's.
a dramatic scoff leaves her lips, now furrowing towards ao'nung before walking up behind.

"just because you two have gotten closer, doesn't mean i can't care for him." arms crossed over with attitude causes ao'nung to turn around.

"leave me alone." he sighs, not wanting to cause any unnecessary arguments and turning his back towards the girl once more.