Chapter 15: Deadlines

Start from the beginning

"At least the cat's out of the bag now. But rest assured, Ate's and my lips are sealed. I know how important this mission is." Tricia put a finger to her lips. 

"Thank you...At least I won't be in trouble with Sir because of this." Sabrina chuckled nervously. 

"Well, he can be a little intimidating when he's angry..." Tricia agreed. 

"You've seen him angry? When?" Sabrina was curious. 

"Mostly when it comes to the injustice he faces or when Kaela tells him about the things she's been through..." Tricia replied without thinking much. 

"Oh, so you're the doctor in charge of Kaela? How did I only draw the link now..." Sabrina had another round of realisation. 

"Yep, that's me..." Tricia nodded. 

"I swear, I'm so slow in realising some things...I would have failed miserably during this mission if not for Sir..." Sabrina bit her lip.

"What's it like having Jayden as a superior and a husband?" Tricia put quotation marks for the word husband. 

"Well, Sir's actually a really good superior. He's really helpful, attentive to details, considerate, protective and works extra hard. Although sometimes, he puts himself in danger to help others." Sabrina grimaced. 

"Tell me about it." Tricia echoed that sentiment. 

"But as a husband...I'm not sure about that yet but I can say he's equally perfect as a housemate." Sabrina smiled. 

"Oh..." Tricia didn't know what to say.

"Sir offered me the master bedroom, willingly takes on the bulk of cleaning duties, offers to cook dinner and most importantly, he's always respectful and considerate of my needs and boundaries..." Sabrina could talk about Jayden's manners for the whole day. 

"That sounds...nice." Tricia gave Sabrina a small smile. 

"Sir's a really good guy...but..." Sabrina hesitated.

"But?" Tricia waited. 

"Alex always teases it about me but I don't think the feeling is mutual..." Sabrina sighed. 

"As in..." Tricia already knew Sabrina didn't just view Jayden as a respected senior and coworker. It was obvious to most people. 

"Sir's heart belongs to someone else. The one who gave him this cup and that journal he writes in every night." Sabrina sighed again. 

"I'm sorry about that..." Tricia felt guilty

~

"How long are you going to moonlight here for?" Zach rolled his eyes at Jayden. 

"Not for much longer, I hope." Jayden couldn't wait to wrap up the mission either. 

"I mean, I'm not complaining about getting a free employee but I'd really rather you as a cop than a Muay Thai instructor." Zach chuckled. 

"I think so too." Jayden agreed. 

"Anyways...I think the person who'll wipe that frown off your face is here." Zach nodded to the two ladies walking into the gym. 

"Who..." Jayden trailed off as he spotted the Robredo sisters. 

"Hi Zach...Hi Jayden." Aika greeted the men. Tricia smiled at Zach but only gave Jayden an awkward small nod. 

"Hi ladies, just on time. Aiks, you're with me. Tricia, you're with Jayden today." Zach informed. 

"See you later, Patty." Aika waved to her younger sister and left Tricia with Jayden.