𝟮𝟳 ~ 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗺𝘁𝗵

Start from the beginning

neteyam catches ao'nung's distinctive shadow that immediately puts his heart into a twist and an inaudible wince at the remembrance.

indeed.
neteyam had suddenly remembered everything while he was held hostage by the hands of the now dead sky people.

his eavesdropping on one of the conversation between the sky people had triggered something in him.
the conversation on the wrecked boat.

the same boat he and ao'nung had stumbled upon  which led to them getting closer.
the beginning of it all.

however, that just means neteyam remembers his feelings for the heir and the reason why the memories had gone foggy for the past month.

the reason why he jumped into the waters during darkest of night.

"teyam..?" ao'nung whimpers into a frown as his ears fold, allowing the undying need to touch the boy; not daring himself to move an inch closer.

but neteyam doesn't speak a word.
that's when ao'nung notices the minor scratches spread all over the boy's thick skin.
all fresh across the back, shoulders, arms, legs.

just, everywhere.

the heir didn't like it.
he didn't like the fact that neteyam's doing through all of this alone, without having anyone he could rely on.

and so, ao'nung had completed changed his demeanour.
he instantly moves closer to the boy, wrapping his arms around neteyam from the back which causes him to wince in pain and startle.

nonetheless, ao'nung's familiar touches results in him frozen in his spot.
the sudden need to cry, to scream, rolls over him.

"i'm sorry teyam." ao'nung whispers, rubbing neteyam's shoulder whilst still wrapped around.

suddenly, ao'nung could feel the boy shiver under him.
neteyam had allowed himself to express such emotions that had been held in for way too long.

as quickly as time had come, sobs start to escalate from the boy's throat as hiccups start to occurring.
at this point neteyam couldn't breathe as tears continue to flow like stream.

with the sudden realisation, neteyam attempts to push the boy away but with heavy fatigue looping around him, ao'nung wouldn't budge.
instead, the heir moves to the side to get a better look of the boy before squeezing tighter.

"it's okay teyam, i'm here."
ao'nung manages to whimper out those words under the loud sobs from the boy.

ao'nung swears he's going deaf but he didn't care, what matters right now is neteyam who needs someone to rely on, to lean on.

neteyam contemplates for a split second as bombs of mixed feelings come crashing before he himself wraps around ao'nung, allowing the embrace of one another.

the two eldest son's stay in that position for awhile as neteyam's sobs and cries slowly die down, starting to feel his eyelids fall heavy.

it seems as though ao'nung rocking them side by side in a light motion helped neteyam in some way, immediately letting prostration possess neteyam.

ao'nung instantly notices neteyam fighting the urge to fall asleep so he momentarily moves closer into the bed as neteyam's grasp on the boy had gotten tighter.

"it's okay, it's okay, i'm not leaving teyam" ao'nung coos in reassurance once he feels neteyam sniffling, practically strangling the poor dude.

but at this point, neteyam had grown way too weak; covered in fatigue to even voice a word.
and so, ao'nung lays himself with neteyam who still hasn't let him go.

the heir then pulls the cover over them two, getting comfortable as he pulls neteyam's arms off of him before wrapping his whole body around the boy.

neteyam's head is now in direct contact with ao'nung's chest; completely tangled with one another under the covers as ao'nung's arms are placed protectively around him.

with the sounds of breathing starting to enhance in ao'nung's ears, he gazes down to see a peaceful looking neteyam; cheeks still wet and eyes puffed up quicker than ever.

the weakened sight of neteyam causes ao'nung's heart to shatter.
how dare i ever hurt him.

he then proceeds to wipe the boy's tear stained cheeks with his thumb, planting a soft kiss on neteyam's temple and pulling him in closer before he himself start to doze off.

1295 wc

guys do not lie to me my writing has been so off wtf😭😭