35. Escape Route

~~~

~~~

The pogues were able to dock at the all too familiar small pier of the chateau. The coast was surprisingly clear and after much waiting to be sure, the five of them hopped off the boat grabbing their things.

"Hey, we better make sure we return the boat tonight." Pope reminded everyone as he adjusted his cap on his head.

"We will," Kiara said. "But can we try some showers first?"

Blair nodded in agreement as they all now walked together to the heartwarming sight of the old rundown chateau they knew and loved.

As uneasy of the feeling was of constantly having to look over her shoulder, Blair was happy to be home. She hadn't realized how much she missed it.

"Dibs on first shower." JJ ran inside the home with Pope trailing behind.

Kiara looked back at her cousin. "B, you ready to go home?"

Blair nodded, "Yeah, can you give us a sec?"

The brunette girl nodded, hiding her smirk and followed Pope inside.

Blair turned to face John B as they stood on the chateau's porch. She reached her arms around his neck causing him to wrap his arms around her waist. They rested their foreheads on one another's.

"How are you feeling?" He asked her softly.

She kept her eyes closed for another moment before she spoke, "I'm perfectly fine," She looked into his eyes. "how are you feeling?"

He let out a small sigh, "Nervous." He admitted.

"Don't be," She told him. "it'll all be fine. We're just gonna shower and get some much needed rest on some actual beds. It's gonna be great. Well, that is if Anna doesn't murder us first." Blair pursed her lips.

John B pulled her in for a tight hug, gently kissing the top of her head.

"Hey speaking of, they shouldn't be back home until sundown so if we wanna freshen up in peace we better get a move on!" Kiara chimed in from the chateau's window.