Introduction

Coulsons POV

I quickly take my gun out of my holster, and rush towards the large gray building. The bright red lights, and the screaming of the sirens simply overwhelmed my senses but I pushed on anyway. Because the SHIELD base was being raided, but we didn't know by who. I carefully stalk down the hallway staying close to the wall, with my gun held up. Then round the corner and a strong stench hits my nose, and turns my stomach. It is strong, metallic, and almost smells warm. Fresh blood has been spilled here.

Large splatters, and fallen men litter the hallways. Every corner unfolds a new tragedy, but I do my best to push my way through the trail of tragedy to the training room where I hear a large commotion. Every hallway I pass through it becomes harder to stomach. I carefully come to the door and stand to the side taking a big breath. Preparing myself for the monster that lies on the other side.

Once I release a shaky sigh, I turn with a new energy and kick down the door rushing in with my gun raised. I quickly scan the room, trying to find the sadistic perpetrator. My eyes scan the almost empty room, when I find a small, petite girl, no older than 6. She is dressed in a Dora shirt, and a hello kitty skirt, all covered in blood. With no hair on her head it is easy to see a long scar running across it, jagged in some places. She stares up at a man, and from this angle I can't see her face but I can only assume she's terrified after reading the man's face. He is beyond angry.  I aim my gun for the man and tighten my finger around the trigger.

"Step away" I growl, searching his features. My eyes drift down to his vest , and I see the large shield emblem. My eyes then drift back down to the girl, and she swipes her foot to trip him. He falls to the ground in a loud thump, and she runs savagely to pounce on him. And now clearly I can see the knife in her small hand. Her fingers barley large enough to wrap around the blade.

Now it was my turn. I run  forward and loop my arm around her waist and easily lift her small frame. With one arm, I can feel every rib she has.  Her feet dangle madly, she thrashes wildly and a deep growl sounds. I gently grab the knife as she swings it towards me and knock it out of the way. Did this girl just growl at me? The growl sounds again, and the strong metallic smell hits me as I hold her close to my chest. She stops thrashing, and I exhale.

"There you go it's okay now" I breathe out tenderly, and purely on instinct. My hand reaches up to stroke her hair, but stops before I reach her head.

I sink down, still holding her when an opaque blue wisp comes to her hand, and then ignites  her eyes. Before I can register what is happening, I double over in pain. Every nerve and tendon in my screams out violently in pain, begging for any kind of respite from this intense feeling. Trying my best to hold in a scream. I let go of her, and she quickly scrambles out from under me, turning again to growl at me. The light glints off of her eyes, displaying a strong determination that lies within.

I clench my jaw tightly, and close my eyes. The pain slowly subsides  enough to grunt out a few words. I adjust myself so I'm on my knees and let out a small sigh. "It's okay I'm not going to hurt you"

The girl tilts her head, her brows furrowing and her lips smoothing into a confused frown. She doesn't move for a few moments but waits, letting me say more. "What's your name honey?"

She stares for another moment "wer bist du??" (Who are you). She asks in an aggressive tone and clipped tone, straightening up to make herself look taller. I almost smirked at the feeble attempt for a small child to look large and intimidating. Her eyes bore into me, and it is now I realize they are two different colors. One being green, and the other blue. Both dulled, by something or something.

When I don't respond she barks out the sentence again,  stepping closer, then her gaze is diverted, and she looks past my right shoulder.

I glance in that direction, watching three men enter the room. All of them fully armed.

"Stand down" I breathe to them, trying to catch their eyes.

They pay no attention to me though as the girl charges them. All three of them raise their guns glancing at one another, asking if they should take the shot. She is faster than their indescion.

Sprinting to the first she hops a little and sinks a new knife into his abdomen.  I have no idea where she was keeping that. Then she lets her feet off of the floor, letting the knife take all of it so it slides down, spilling his insides out. He then falls to the ground. The other two turn towards her with wide eyes, the man to the left swings his gun at her, and she lets herself drop to the floor rolling under his swing and wrapping herself around his leg. Then sinks her teeth into his leg, like a toddler would.  The wound she creates is deep and when she pulls away there is blood running down his leg. He screams, and pulls his trigger, shooting himself in the foot.

Once he has recovered some, he brings down the butt of his gun, and hits her in the head knocking her out of the way. She rolls and glares up at him angrily, a slight amount of blood now seeping from a wound.

She looks like she will attack again, when the other, uninjured man grabs her from behind. Pinning her arms behind her back.  She screams and brings her head back to bash his, but he kicks her in the back of the knees toppling her entire body. He then kneels on her back keeping her trapped. I spring to my feet, and rush towards the commotion when the door opens behind me.

"It was them" the man, pinning the girl, states confidently. A group of agents runs to me from behind, and I don't have time to speak before they grab me. Blow after blow is laid upon me, my vision blurs, my head pounds, and my whole body screams for me to give in. To give up. Then I glance at the small girl, and she catches my eyes. For a moment there is a small glint of emotion across them. I can't tell if it's desperation, or defeat.