Alive

I couldn't believe my eyes. I gasped. Nat was right here! He was alive! "I-i-how-wha-" I stuttered. Cindy gasped. "Evan!? What happened? Why are you in a wheelchair?!" She questioned. I had no idea how to tell her. I also had no idea how Nat was alive. The detective asked me about someone's murder. I had assumed he meant Nat. He looked scarred but, definitely alive. Then, I wondered who died? "Uh Evan? You ok?" Nat asked, sounding very concerned. I suddenly hugged him. Then, I started crying uncontrollably. "Evan..? Is something wrong?" He asked quietly. Cindy put her hand on my shoulder, comfortingly. "I THOUGHT YOU DIED!!!" I exclaimed. "Wait, DIED?! WHAT HAPPENED??" Cindy asked us. "Well..." I explained the whole fight to her. She stood there in shocked silence. Then, she shot me the question that I'd been pondering over since I discovered Nat was alive. "Wait a minute. If Nat didn't die, who did?" She inquired. "I'm not sure." I answered. "It wasn't Frederick or Micheal. That's for sure." I told her. "Maybe we can ask your brother?" She suggested. I nodded. We both made our way to the door. Surprisingly, my brother Micheal was already at the hospital. He was talking to a receptionist. "Please..let...see..him.."  I heard him say. I couldn't hear the whole sentence. Then, it hit me. He was here to see the person who got murdered. He has yet to find out until now. Once the receptionist said something to him, he started to cry. Which, was shocking to me. I've never seen him so upset. One would think it's not the best time to ask him about who died. I doubted Nat knew. Maybe we can ask Frederick. He was the least injured person who participated in the fight. After Micheal walked out, I went to the receptionist. I gestured for Cindy to follow. She hobbled over to the desk. "Miss? Is there a Frederick Miller in this hospital?" I asked her politely. "Hmm...Frederick Miller... " She repeated quietly as she typed his name. "Yes we do. Would you like his room number?" She asked us. "Yes, please." Cindy replied, catching up to my plan. "He is in Room 48." She informed us. Me and Cindy made our ways back to the elevator. Cindy pressed the number 4 button.