Chapter Three

As Teniola was walking along the street, she saw a cute little girl holding an old barbie doll. Teniola smiled softly as she looked at the. The girl was so cute and she reminded her of her best friend with that high pony tail. She even had dark brown hair, just like her best friend so she stared hard at the girl to see any other resemblance to her bestie, so that she'd tease her bestie about having a kid in secret. Teniola giggled at the thought of her best friend's horror expression, but her smile froze.

The little girl she was staring at was in the middle of the road, trying to retrieve her barbie doll that fell from her hands, oblivious of the speeding truck making it's way towards her. 

Without a second thought, Teniola left her bags on the floor rushed towards the girl with a fear all over her face.

Her gaze darted between the speeding truck that was scarily close to the little girl crouched in the middle of the road who has retrieved her doll with triumph and the triumph smile on the girls face. She looked too innocent to get hurt. Heck! According to her, everyone does. So she did what came to her mind.

She pulled the little girl up and immediately moved from where the truck would pass, the truck driver tried to slow down when he saw Teniola on the road with the little girl but the truck's side mirror hit Teniola's head slightly which made her stumble. She fell on her butt with the little girl held safely in her arms, the truck came to a halt a few steps away from them. The driver's door opened and he jumped down and made his way towards Teniola.

"Hey ma'am, are you okay?" The driver asked.

"Yeah, after you help us off the floor" Teniola muttered with a groan. The driver stretched his hand towards her and Teniola accepted it.
She held the child firmly after balancing herself on her feet.

"Are you okay, dear?" She asked the little girl softly.

"Yes pretty sis."  She mumbled in her adorable voice and Teniola smiled.

The driver cleared his throat and apologized "I'm really sorry. But you should've been more careful around your child, you know?" The driver scolded.

"Uh...sweety where's your mummy? I think she's the one supposed to hear that." Teniola asked the little girl with a smile.

" I want my mummy too" the girl replied which made both Teniola and the driver confuse.

Before the could ask anything, a woman came rushing towards them.

"Alberta, Alberta...hey you, what did you do?see what you caused? How could you drive so carelessly huh?" The woman scolded the driver and took the little girl from Teniola's arms. "Come here my baby. You're safe now, okay??" The little girl nodded and buried her face in her mom's neck.

" Why are you just coming? And are you scolding me? Had you kept an eye on your daughter we wouldn't have been in this situation. Just stop scolding me and save that breath to thank this young lady here."
The driver shot back and used his head to gesture towards Teniola so that the woman would notice her.

" Uh um..." The woman was left speechless. How can a man be so sassy like that?
She turned to Teniola and gave her her most sincere brightest smile " Thank you soo much for being there for my girl miss - "

"Teniola. And don't mention it. I'm just glad I was able to do something" Teniola said with a smile.

" Uh I guess I'll get going....but before I go, baby girl, what's your pretty name?" Teniola asked the little girl whose face was buried in the crook of her mom's neck.

Silence.

" Uh Baby, tell this pretty aunt your pretty name." The woman tried coaxing her daughter to talk.

"Uh I guess she's still shocked. Her pretty name is Alberta." The woman smiled softly and added "well, even though you didn't ask, my name is Joycelyn"

"Glad to meet you both" Teniola smiled and patted Albert's back.

"Girls nowadays, it's all about friendship. Who makes friends in such a wired situation? Do I even exist? I should probably go and take care of my own problems" the truck driver mumbled and started making  his way to his truck.

"Uh please stop, mister. Just wanted to say thank you for showing concern" Teniola stopped the truck driver and said with a soft smile.

Did they hear what I was thinking? Or they're now seeing me? The truck driver wondered.

"It's nothing dear. I also have a little girl at home. I won't be able to forgive myself if I had run over this one"

" Um I'm also sorry for being kinda rude earlier. And thanks for caring. " Joycelyn muttered, her face laced with embarrassment.

" Really, it's nothing...I'll take my leave now"

" Yh get back to your own business" Joycelyn muttered. Both her and Teniola stated at each other for a second and they laughed.

"Shit! They really did hear me...." The truck driver mumbled.

______________________

Guys, I hope so far I'm doing good??

Well, chapters are still not edited so please be free to point out any typos.

Don't worry you'd love the upcoming chapters.

So I've created an account for you guys on IG. I mean if you wanna interact with me and share your personal opinions, you can text me on IG. Well the account was created just today and it's specifically for you guys. My readers, my books and me the author.

Please feel free to text me. The account is private for some reason so please follow and text me. I'll make it public after clearing the reason.

IG authorprincxx_s

Kindly vote, comment and share.

Loadsss of love🖤