Chapter one

In a small lighted house where the structure of the building showed simplicity yet natty. The living room filled with aura of peace, contendment and gratitude, on a low key sofa sat Kate with an expression of so many emotions. Happiness, gratitude and proudness.

Sitting beside her was Teniola, who was no less wearing the same expression as her mom.

Teniola, a beautiful, confident and an intelligent young teen. She is the first daughter of Kate Nelson. The Nelson family is a middle class family when ranked in terms of wealth.

Kate Nelson is a single parent of two children. She owns a bit popular bakery shop in her community. She always strives to make ends meet and also provides all the essentials to enable her children enjoy the wind of quality education. Her first child, Teniola, is also optimistic about making her momma proud.

Teniola is very thrilled about the news she received earlier that morning.

********
She's a high school graduate and because she's very intelligent, she scored an A+ in all the subjects she wrote and hoped she'd get accepted into her dream uni.

And Today, while assisting her mom in the kitchen, she heard her phone ring upstairs. From the ringtone, she could tell it was a call from her best friend. She excused herself to go and receive the call.

She learnt from her best friend that the results are out and she can check the uni or college she had. She checked her mail and she gasped in surprise. She was surprised. She was Happy, infact Ecstatic.

Teniola quickly dashed back to the kitchen to disclose the good news to her mom " mom, mom...." She reached the kitchen panting because of how she was in a hurry to reach her mom.

"What's the matter, dear? And why are you panting like that?" Kate asked her elated daughter.

"Mommyyy...." Teniola exclaimed in delight, with her hands on her mother's shoulders, spinning her around.

"Easy dear. Why are you in such high spirits?" A surprised Kate asked with a smile on her face and served her a glass of water.

"Hehehe.... Sorry mom" Teniola apologized while accepting the glass of water from her mother. Teniola respectfully sat her mom down on a chair in the kitchen, then, she also leaned against the kitchen counter to face her mom before saying with enthusiasm "Momyoucan'tbelievethenewsIjust got -"

"Slowly dear, slowly" Kate calmly interrupted her to calm down.

" Mom, I have gained admission to MUPS through a full time scholarship and I am to go there when we'll be starting uni for necessary formalities and start school that same day!" Teniola explained, then she added " MOM, I've really gained a full time scholarship to my dream uni and would be an official uni girl in a month's time." Teniola was now grinning. Oh God! She could die from so much happiness.

" OMG, " Kate exclaimed, she hurriedly gave Teniola a hug. " Thank you Lord, I'm so grateful. I'm also proud of you my dear" Kate continued.

She then urshered Teniola out of the kitchen and told her that she would make the rest of the lunch so Teniola should go and relax her mind.

"But mom, I can still help in making lunch" Teniola pleaded since she doesn't feel right when her mom does what she's supposed to do.

"No dear, go and take some rest, we would talk after lunch" Kate insisted, leaving no room for discussion.

"Okay mom, but I'll be the one to do the dishes" Teniola stated and dashed to her room before her mother refuses.

Teniola went to her room and sat on her bed, humming a song and smiling softly with her gaze fixed outside her window. She contemplated on calling her best friend to share the news but she decided against it. She would go there personally to break the news. She doesn't want to miss the squeals and hugs.