FOURTEEN

LEIGHTON
35 portland row

I couldn't even wrap my head around what just happened. Lockwood and I kissed. He kissed me. I kissed back. What the fuck? I couldn't explain the feelings that I was feeling right now. The nerves. The excitement.

Thankfully, Lockwood understood when I said I needed to take a walk instead of going to Satchell's with him. Although, I could see the anxious look written all over his face, probably worried that I wasn't going to come back.

I too was worried that I wasn't going to go back.

But, I'm stood outside of number 35, tugging on the ends of my jumpers. It was pitch black outside, and I knew that I shouldn't be out past curfew but-

I shook my head, ignoring all my thoughts and feelings as I walked up the stairs and into the house. The door was still unlocked, which was strange for this time of night, so I'm guessing that Lockwood made George leave it open incase I needed to get in.

The house was quiet, but not too quiet. I could hear the faint humming from George in the living room, he was probably stress tidying.

I slowly walked up the stairs, grimacing as they creaked beneath me. It wasn't that I didn't want them to know that I was here, but, I didn't exactly want them to know I was here incase I changed my mind and left.

Letting go of a shaky breath, my hand reached out for Lockwood's door handle. I could hear him in there, pacing up and down his room.

The floorboard behind me creaked, making me turn around and be met with Lucy in just a towel. My eyes furrowed as I singled in on the necklace with Annabel's ring around her neck.

"Hand it over." I muttered, placing my hand out for the necklace. Lucy didn't even put up a fight, she just handed over the necklace and then turned around and went back upstairs.

I glanced down at the necklace. This was all I wanted. I looked towards Lockwood's door, the pacing had stopped, probably from hearing my voice. Annabel's necklace was in my hand. I could leave.

The door. Lockwood's door.

My mouth opened.

Was Annabel's ring all I really wanted?

I placed the necklace over my head and hid it in my shirt.

"You can come in, you know?" Lockwood's voice echoed. He sounded nervous, almost as if he wasn't sure that I was still outside.

My stomach flipped when I heard his voice. Annabel's ring certainly wasn't all that I wanted. I slowly opened the door, to reveal him stood there in just his joggers.

I couldn't help but allow my eyes to flicker over his toned chest. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. I slowly closed the door behind me, looking up at the boy through my lashes.

"I wasn't sure you'd be coming back." Lockwood whispered, pushing his hands into his pockets.

"I wasn't either." I admitted, leaving back against the doorframe.

I saw the hurt flash across Lockwood's face. My words cut deep. He nodded and hummed in response.

"Look I'm sorry-"

"Please don't apologise for kissing me, Lockwood." I stood up straight, walking over to him. Hesitantly, I reached out to link my hand with his. "You don't regret it right?"

Lockwood shook his head, reaching up and tucking my hair behind my ear. I nuzzled into the warmth of his palm. I closed my eyes and let go of a small shallow breath.

His thumb twanged my bottom lip, causing me to look up at him through my lashes. I knew this was wrong, that there'd be consequences, but been so close to Lockwood felt so good.

The dark haired boy slowly leant down, connecting our lips once again. This time it was slower, our lips moulding perfectly, his hand gripping the back of my neck, making me hum against him.

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, my fingers tangling in his hair, my back arching into him. I let out a small groan as Lockwood pulled away from me.

"You don't know how long I've waited to do that." He whispered, resting his head against mine. I couldn't help the smile that grew on my face. "I don't want you to leave again."

"I won't." I whispered.

"How do I know?" He asked softly.

I pulled away from Lockwood, sitting on the edge of the bed, I motioned for him to sit beside me, which he happily did.

"When I was younger," I ran my tongue over my bottom lip. "my parents used to say that if I stayed, I'd destroy you." I noticed the way his jaw clenched.

Lockwood deserved to know the main reason as to why I left. He deserved to know that it wasn't me who chose to leave, but rather that I felt forced.

"They said that I was too powerful, that I would kill you." Tears brimmed my eyes. "I didn't want you to die. So, I never stayed because I didn't want to hurt you."

The boy nodded, wanting me to continue.

"I came and stayed for a while every so often, and we'd get close again and it felt amazing." I turned my body to face him, grabbing his hands in mine. "And I promised myself that I would stay until someone said something. And sometimes that would be weeks, sometimes only days." I paused. "I don't want to leave anymore."

"What they said isn't true." Lockwood whispered, his thumb running over my knuckles. "You could never hurt me."

I allowed a singular tear to roll down my cheek, which Lockwood was quick to wipe away.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered, my voice breaking as I spoke. "I'm so sorry I left you."

Lockwood shook his head, pressing his lips down on mine again. I felt like all my worries disappeared. I could finally stay somewhere. I could finally call this place my home.

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newmann
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ thesaintsseries & leeandhan