thirty

THE NEXT MORNING AFTER, HYEJIN finds herself standing between Dang-gu, and Mudeok. It was just announced that Lady Jin called for a meeting of the unanimous assembly. No one knows what his reason was but as a student of Jeongjingak, it was their duty to welcome them.

Hyejin rose her brow up once the Jin family entered the gates, "Is that Jin Buyeon?" She asked once her eyes landed on the girl that was walking beside Choyeon. She doesn't look like a Jin to me, is her father's genes dominant?

"That's So-i." Dang-gu stated.

"What?!" Hyejin exclaimed as she almost drop her sword.

Dang-gu widened his eyes before telling her to be quiet, he was about to tell her about the swindler when Uk suddenly arrived. "Why is everyone gathering here?" He asked.

"Jinyowon gathered the unanimous assembly." Dang-gu told him, "Young Lady Jin is here."

"Is that blind girl Jin Buyeon?" Uk asked.

"So-i?" Dang-gu asked Mudeok.

The maid nodded, "Yes."

Dang-gu's face hardened before walking away, leaving a confused Hyejin behind. "Can anyone tell me what's going on?" She scoffed, "Why are mentioning So-i?"

Uk sighed, "Right, you weren't with us last night." He muttered, "That girl.. She's pretending to be Jin Buyeon. Jin Mu was the one who brought her to Jinyowon and claimed that the girl she found was Lady Jin's long lost daughter. But the truth is it was all a trick, she's So-i."

Hyejin's jaw dropped in shock before turning her gaze to the girl, "Oh shit.. I knew something was wrong when Sang Ho said that Jin Mu found Jin Buyeon." She scoffed, "So that's the girl that was responsible for the assassination that happened a few days ago?"

"Yes, that's the girl." Uk replied, "Things are proceeding faster than expected. They are going to use the fake daughter to get something done today."

Hyejin shakes her head in disbelief before nudging Uk's side, "Let's go inside, im curious on Lady Jin's reason for calling this meeting." She suggested, "And without consulting Songrim first."

Uk nodded in agreement before motioning to Mudeok to follow him.

Soon, the leaders were all settled on their own seats. The royal family are sitting at the very top of the stairs and was scanning each one of the leaders that were present.

The Jang twins, together with Mudeok was standing on the balcony, on the position that they were, they could clearly see everyone.

"The capital has been suffering from chaos due to many incidents regarding soul shifters ever since the appearance of Naksu." Lady Jin announced, "Thus, Jinyowon has generously tried to help Songrim find the source of sorcery. However, Songrim took our cooperation for granted and arrogantly began to make unreasonable demands and requests."

Park Jin, and Master Heo looks at her in disbelief, "They barged into Jinyowon as well as Cheonbugwan with the excuse of patrolling for sorcery. They also tried to use the relics of Jinyowon
to investigate all the families of mages as if they thought everyone outside of Songrim performed sorcery." Lady Jin continued.

"Unbelievable.."

"Worst than that, they even took one of our relics into the royal palace."

"Did Songrim really cast doubt on us?" Ho Yeong questioned.

Just by hearing his voice made Hyejin scoff in annoyance, "That old man.." She spat with gritted teeth.

"That is crossing the line!"