Fuse x mechanical!reader {requested}

This was requested by: @lovethelaw

Plot: Fuse goes to the reader after Maggie blows his arm off and she rebuilds his arm. She also knows basic medical stuff.

Reader POV:
"Apex Legends first Salvonian (idk how to spell it) to join the Apex games." I hear from the tv. I smile.

"I'm surprised Walter hasn't told me yet. Probably trying to surprise me." I say to myself. I hear a knock at the door.

"Y/n! Help!" I hear a familiar voice yell. My head immediately shoots up from what I'm doing. I hurriedly rush to the door and open it.

"Walter?! Oh my god!" I yell as I see he's missing an arm and covered in blood. I help him inside and lay him down on my couch.

"St- stay here an- and I'll get stuff to- stop the bleeding." I stutter, I'm in shock. I run to the hallway where there is some medical supplies that I keep just in case. I grab them all and rush back to Walter.

"Uhhh ok." I say setting all of the stuff down. I sit on the floor and grab some gauze to stop the bleeding a bit. Once the bleeding dies down a bit I grab some alcohol and pour it on a rag.

"This is gonna hurt like hell." I say looking up at him.

"I know, I know." He says. I start cleaning his wound and he screams in pain.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I say frantically. I grab his hand to try and comfort him. I continue to clean it and he hardens his grip on my hand. After a few minutes of cleaning it I put the rag down and grab some bandages and some stuff to help keep it un-infected. I put some of the stuff on the elastic bandage and start to wrap his "arm" up. Once I'm done wrapping it up I take a deep breath and try to calm myself.

"Ok uh, I don't think you can live these injuries without proper medical attention." I say.

"I'll be fine." He says sitting up.

"No Walter, you won't. Your fucking arm is missing. You need to go to a hospital." I say sternly. He sighs.

"It does hurt like a bitch." He says. I take a shaky breath.

"Ok let's go." I say helping him up. We make it to the hospital and they give him a wheelchair and help him to a room. Once he gets settled I can finally relax.

"Are you gonna tell me what happened?" I say looking at him. He he takes a deep breath.

"Where do I start. Well I'm officially an Apex Legend." He says.

"Yea, I heard. I actually found out right before you knocked on my door." I say. He laughs a little.

"That's some pretty damn good timing. Ok uh, so I walk into Maggie's room to tell her I'm leavin' Salvo, but when I open the door she smashes her tv and had a little tantrum like she does. Well I told her I was leavin' and she got super fucking pissed and took the pin off of that grenade we're always fighting over. She didn't throw it until I was walking towards the door and I hear a metal clank and I turn around and the grenade is on the floor without the pin. Then boom, literally." He explains

"What the fuck is wrong with that bitch." I say with pure hatred. He just kinda laughs.

"Why the fuck are you laughing?! She just blew your arm off with a fucking grenade you've had for over 40 years?!" I yell.

"Y/n, calm down. I'm fine. It didn't kill me." He says. Tears start to form in my eyes.

"Come here." He says softly. I walk over to him and he makes room on his hospital bed for me to sit by him. I sit down and he puts his one working arm around me and hugs me while I cry.

"Shhhh, it's ok, love." He says. He's never called me that before. I softy cry into his chest while he holds me. I eventually stop crying and pull away.

"Are you okay?" He asks. I look at him confused.

"Why are you asking me that? I should be asking you that." I say with a laugh. He laughs a little. Our cuddle session is interrupted by a nurse walking into the room to check on Walter. I get off the bed so the nurse can check on him. Once the nurse leaves I say:

"I'm gonna go. I have a surprise that I thought of just now that I need to finish before you're let out." He looks kinda disappointed.

"Can I get a kiss first?" He asks.

"Haha nice try." I say and walk out. I walk to my car and head to my shop. I walk in and immediately start doing my thing. It takes a few days but I manage to get done before Walter has to leave. I go to his house where he is packing his things. I knock on the door with the surprise behind my back. He opens the door. When he sees me his face lights up.

"The surprise is ready. And it's right behind me." I say. He lets me in and I manage to hide it.

"Come on, I can't wait any longer." He says like a child on Christmas. I smile.

"So you can't expect me to let you be in the games with just one arm. Sooooooo, here." I say and reveal a metal arm. His jaw drops.

"Oh my god, thank you!" He says happily. He hugs me.

"You might be thinking "how is this gonna work, like how am I gonna be able to control this arm." Welllllll I got ahold of one of the legends who is also a mechanic and she says she can help." I say.

"You're the best. I could just kiss you right now." He says.

"Well I might not see you for awhile so might as well make this moment count." I say. He smirks and kisses me. I've always liked Walter, ever since we were kids. I remember him telling me about the grenade that him and Maggie stole and the shine in his eyes while he was telling it was amazing. I pull away.

"I've wanted to do that for a long time, love." He says. I laugh.

"Same here." I say. He looks at the clock.

"Shit. I gotta go." He says. My mood drops.

"Oh ok." I say.

"I'm sorry, love. You know how long I've wanted this." He says.

"Oh I know. I remember you telling me when we were kids about this new "cool as hell" game that was being made." I say.

"Yea..." he says.

"And now you can finally live your dream. Don't make me stop you." I say. He gives a sad smile to me.

"I'll miss you." He says.

"I'll miss you too." I say. He gives me one more kiss, grabs his suitcase and walks towards the door. He stops at the door frame.

"I love you." He says.

"I love you too, Walter Fitzroy." I say with a sad smile. He smiles back and walks out the door, leaving me in his empty apartment. Little did I know that I would be joining the games not long after him.

A/n: do you guys want a part 2? Also sorry if any of this was unrealistic. I'm not very experienced in medical stuff, sorry.