Chapter 34: No Choice

*Flashback*

As the blindfold comes undone, I feel my eyes adjusting to the light of the scene of our little spot. Two suns adorned the sky, casting a gentle, golden glow that shimmered through the air. The landscape is a living painting of pastel colors, with lush meadows and rolling hills carpeted in vibrant flowers. The very essence of this small part of the quantum realm seems to radiate joy and playfulness.

I step on the soft, springy grass while the rainbow-hued birds chirp to the hum of buzzing creatures with wings that glow like tiny stars. "It's like walking through a painting. This place is pure magic." I smile looking at Nate who stands next to me and chuckles at my excitement.

He gestures his hand to point to a picnic beneath a towering canopy of iridescent leaves. The tablecloth I lay my feet onto feels woven with threads of moonlight and adorned with delicate flowers.

He pours me a glass of wine and lets me enjoy the carefully prepared food that with each bite, teases my taste buds and fills my heart with joy. "Nate, this is incredible! It's like a burst of happiness in my mouth."

He grins mischievously. "I'm glad you like it. It's the taste of our adventure together."

I chuckle looking at him wishing I will never wake up from this dream.

As the day transitioned into evening, the sky transformed into a breathtaking display of hues. The two suns dipped below the horizon, painting the sky in a tapestry of pastel pinks, purples, and blues. The grove of luminescent trees surrounds us and their leaves glow softly as they absorbed the fading light.

Nate leans against a radiant tree, his eyes tracing my face in the soft glow. "Y/n, I cannot even begin to say how grateful I am for you being here with me. You truly illuminate my world, my little firefly."

"When did you get so cute?" I look up at him letting my arms wrap themselves round his neck while his smell invades my senses.

As the night deepened, I lay by his side, gazing at the starry sky. He tells me how these constellations differ from the ones I know as he traces them with his fingers, connecting imaginary dots.

He points to a cluster of stars and tells me, "That one there, it's our constellation. The conqueror and the little firefly, bound together forever and a day." he kisses my forehead and I laugh shaking my head.

"Forever and a day?" I chuckle letting my eyes get lost in his. "I've always wanted a love story written in the stars, our little tale of conquering hearts and finding true joy through enlightenment." I joke and I let his laugh imprint on my eardrums.

He turns to face me and plants tender kisses on my lips under the two moons that bathed the planet in a soft luminescence. "Nathaniel, you've shown me a world beyond my imagination, and I'm thrilled to explore it by your side. I love you."

"In this realm of breathtaking wonders, you are the most extraordinary marvel of them all." His eyes are smiling to me softly as his thumb caresses my cheek "You've captured my heart, Y/n, with your kindness, your unwavering innocence, and your ability to see beauty in even the darkest of places."

My eyes are filled with tears of joy as I hear someone confess his love to me like no one ever has. Nate takes a moment to gather his thoughts. His voice, filled with a depth of emotion, resonates through the tranquil night. "I love you, Y/n. My love for you knows no bounds, reaching depths that words cannot fully express. From the very core of my being, I offer you the entirety of my heart. My heart is yours, and I promise to cherish and protect our love, always."