Chapter 22: No recollection

"You must be hungry", Kang turns around and the big citadel door opens, almost like his mind controls it. My mouth is dry as I swallow. I watch him take large strides into the next room, where I see a massive table covered with food. I am not even sure if I should follow him or not.

"Even if I was, the lump in my throat would prevent me from eating." I feel my voice shaking as I drag my feet across the cold floor.

"You are honest." The surprise on his face almost makes me smile.

"In the face of death, who wouldn't be?" I press my lips into a thin line locking my eyes with his.

"You would be surprised." Kang pulls a chair at the table not denying my previous statement and points his hand to it as he moves to the chair in front of it. "Come, eat with me." He tells me softly but I can still hear the demanding tone in his voice.

I take a deep breath focusing my eyes on him. He looks different than his variant He-Who-Remains. His clothes are the same color, yet I can tell they are a little more sophisticated and his posture is much more imposing. He watches my every move and as I approach the table, he pours some red liquid that I can only assume it's wine in a glass.

"I figured you might need it," Kang speaks filling the silent room. I don't say anything and reach for the glass. I figure I might need it as well. I look at the chair he pulled for me and decide to actually seat right next to him.

"Why am I here?" I say sitting down and I can hear his chuckle.

"Why did you pick this seat?" He asks me and I furrow my brows slightly confused as he avoids my question. "Why did you stay?" Kang adds yet another question and I am still confused as to where he is trying to go with this. "Why did you come here in the first place?"

I look at him knowing where he's trying to go with this and I sigh. "I didn't have a choice." I look at him and I realize I am somewhat calmer than I was before.

"Oh, but you did," Kang smirks bringing his glass to his lips and drinking some wine. "You see, this whole life is about decisions."

I look at him, I move my eyes to the glass of wine in my head. I bring it to my nose and it smells familiar. I place my lips on the mouth of the glass and let the wine slip into mine. It is so quiet in here I can almost hear my own thoughts.

"I was forcefully arrested and brought to the TVA. Is that what you call a decision?" I ask placing the glass back on the table and I turn to look at him.

"You didn't even put up a fight and you call that forcefully?" Kang raises a brow watching me.

"We both know there's no point in trying to put up a fight." I press my lips into a thin line and he sighs.

"There's always a point in trying," Kang speaks and I roll my eyes losing my patience.

"The end result would have been the same plus a few bruises. Let's skip the crap on lectures of trying. Why did you want me here?" I ask and he chuckles a little bringing his glass of wine cockily to his lips yet again.

"You are the daughter of Agamotto." Kang's fist suddenly gets tighter as he rests his arms on his legs and I swallow feeling the slight anger in his calm voice.

"Is that a problem for you?" I feel my voice shaking again knowing I am losing ground on this as I have no knowledge about this matter.

"Not anymore." He tells me and I gulp having no idea what that means. Will he actually kill me?  "So tell me Y/n," he looks at me and I take a deep breath trying to control my own thoughts. Everything feels wrong. "Why did you come to this universe?" He adds calmly and I shoot him a confused glare.