031. You are NOT a burden

(3rd Person PoV)

Tommy woke up with a start. He felt warm like someone hugged him tightly.

He rubbed one of his eyes and sat up.

And then he realized that he was not in his room. Or the room that he has when he's at Tubbo's.

But he then remembered what happened and where he was at right now.

Tommy rubbed his other eye and then he got out of bed and smoothen down his clothes. He hasn't exactly brought extra clothes since he didn't think he'll be staying the night at Phil's place.

Speaking of Phil, where is the old man anyway?

Tommy went out of the room and straight forward where there was a small dining room.

He could smell the scent of waffles and syrup.

"Hello?" He asked and someone appeared from under the counter.

It was Kristin and she was holding onto a fork. It seemed like she dropped it.

"Hi Tommy. Phil's not here right now. He had to go pick something up from the market," she told him.

"Ah ok. So what's with the waffles?" Tommy asked, curiously.

"Breakfast. I thought you might be hungry," Kristin told him.

She nudged a plate of waffles towards him before turning her back to place the fork in the sink.

"I...thank you," Tommy muttered. He grabbed the syrup and poured it onto the waffles.

He took some utensils, knife and a fork, and began to dig in the waffles.

There was a bit of a silence with it only being broken by Kristen washing some dishes.

After Tommy finished his waffles, he looked at Kristin who had her back turned to him because she was continuing to wash dishes.

What should I say to her? Tommy thought.

"I'm home!" Phil's voice could be heard.

"Ah, you're back!" Kristin wiped her hands on a towel before going over to greet him.

They kissed and Tommy pretended to gag at this.

"I saw that," Phil said.

"You can't prove sh*t," Tommy folded his arms and pouted.

Phil laughed at this and went to sit next to him.

"Everything alright now, mate?" He asked, concerned.

Tommy just shrugged. He didn't want to lie but he also didn't want to worry Phil and Kristin.

"I had better days," he admitted.

Phil sighed at this as Kristen pushed a plate of waffles towards him.

He eat in silence while Tommy fiddled around with his fingers.

What should I say to him now? I already reassured him that his stepfather is in jail but he seems...what's the word for it, unsure? Unsure about what? Phil thought.

Kristen could feel the stiffness in the air between all three of them.

Well, we got to do something quick, she thought and was suddenly struck with an idea.

"Why don't we go out for ice cream, the three of us," she suggested.

"Ice cream? This early?" Phil asked.