Brothers

Brothers

"You look like someone landed on top of you with their griffin or something! Sheesh!"

"Exactly what I wanted to hear! Danke, Nicolai."

"Heh, sorry. I'll bring your homework later."

"Thanks. A-ACHOOO!!!"

"Oof!! Seriously though, you and Ivan look like zombies!"

"Oh? Ivan is ill too?"

"Yeah, real bad! I'll tell him to bring you an antidote or something."

"Ja, ja! Please!"

"See you later!"

Closing the door off behind the mutant, Sigmund sighed and took another staggered breath through his mouth. The blonde pulled a handkerchief from the pocket of his monogrammed robe and rubbed at his reddened nose. Nicolai was right about his appearance; he was pale in complexion and not nearly as mischievous and sparkly as he normally looked. Sigmund wasn't feeling very well, so he decided to take a sick day from his classes.

When a weak knock came to the door of his dormitory, the blonde paused in his tracks, peeled away from his bed and dragged himself over to answer once more. He jumped at the sight. Ivan, who was just as pale, raven hair disheveled and nostrils running with snot was stood in the hall with a miserable expression.

"Ew!" Sigmund groaned. "Wipe your nose!"

"It's all I've been doing all morning!" Ivan complained, conjuring a box of tissues. "It's been running like a damn waterfall! My nose is raw..."

Sigmund stepped aside to let his best friend in, conjuring a yellow 'Do Not Enter' sign to place against the mahogany wood of his door. Closing it off, the men sighed in unison, taking a moment to fill their lungs through their mouths. The congestion was frustrating.

"How much you wanna bet it's because of that Euro party we went to?" Ivan pointed out, pausing to blow his nose into one of the tissues. "It was packed with kinfolk! Someone must've been sick!"

"I never get sick like this..." Sigmund moaned, pushing himself under his weighted blanket in bed.

His eyes widened and brows raised in confusion when Ivan followed behind him into the bed. The men laughed in amusement with one another and did their best to give each other space. When they were settled, Sigmund conjured an extra pillow for his guest, gave him more of the blanket and held a hand out to Ivan.

"Where's my antidote?"

"Oh! Right!" Ivan nodded, pushing a hand under the covers to dig into his pocket. He pulled a corked vial and handed it over to Sigmund, who cringed.

"Ew...it's warm!"

"Do you want it or not, Nightbreed?!"

"Body temperature antidote? Ugh! I'm calling Erin."

"For what? To get her sick too?"

"I need companyyyy!!!"

"Am I not enough company for you?"

"You can stay in my bed, but I'm not cuddling with you."

"I don't wanna cuddle with you either, asshole! You're not my type! Stay on that side of the bed!"

"I can hardly breathe! I'm miserable! I'm calling her!"

Pulling his crystal ball from his desk telepathically, Sigmund quickly dialed the code to his partner's crystal. Ivan frowned as the tones cycled.