SWITCHED! (Part II)

SWITCHED!
(Part II)

"Don't tell him I showered." Sigmund spoke, pulling himself from the washroom after he'd redressed. "I just couldn't take the greasy feeling on my head any longer. I don't understand how he lives this way!"

"How did you manage blindfolded?" Erin chuckled. "I heard a few things falling over..."

"I managed." Sigmund gruffed, sitting in front of his vanity. "I did it all telepathically!"

He looked over the mop of ginger hair atop his head in disgust. Limp, lifeless and exceptionally dry. He wouldn't dare use his good hair tools on the wizard's ratty hair, so he conjured up a few new ones. Cranking on his hairdryer, the sorcerer got to work on styling. The effort to pull the rounded brush through Kyle's tangled hair was quickly fatiguing him.

"Ugh..." He groaned, shutting the hairdryer off after only a moment.

Maybe this was the reason why the wizard didn't bother, lack of energy? He peered over his shoulder in the direction of his partner and pouted.

"Will you help me? Please?"

"You know Kyle wouldn't like this." Erin giggled. "I'm not getting involved."

"Please?! I'm begging you! I just need it dried! I'm miserable and his arms get tired so fast!"

"Fine..."

"Danke..."

Erin got through the task a lot quicker than Sigmund had been managing. The sorcerer was shocked by how smooth she'd gotten the strands of the wizard's hair. Erin pointed out her own kinky, curly hair when she'd finished.

"As if!" The enchantress scoffed. "If I can do my hair, I can do anyone's hair!"

Left with the task of styling, Sigmund got to work. With the hair much more manageable than before, he found himself getting through the auburn strands with his styling lotions and mousses far easier. Erin smirked seeing the style she recognized slowly taking shape. Though their hair textures differed, Sigmund still found a way to give Kyle the signature style he normally wore. A parted, overly fluffy fringe, smoothed backcombed locks and flipped ends. To top it all off, a generous serving of hairspray and his favorite, fragrant musk over the wizard's clothes.

Though the face was hideous in his opinion, the hair was perfection and he felt much more like himself. Letting a hand touch around the freckled skin of Kyle's face, Sigmund analyzed the issues. Just like his hair, his skin was terribly dry. The dark circles beneath his eyes were deep-set and made the sorcerer cringe.

"I wonder if anything I use could help this..." Sigmund murmured aloud in thought.

As he stood from the vanity and started for the washroom again, Erin's eyes trailed from her textbook to the wizard.

"Are you seriously giving Kyle a makeover?" She chuckled.

Sigmund peeked out from the washroom with a brace-toothed grin that made the witch laugh harder. She set her textbook aside to join him in the washroom. This was something she wanted to see.

In the sorcerer's washroom, there was a mini refrigerator that housed nothing but skincare products. His collection was extensive. Brightening serums, evening creams, moisturizers, anti-acne remedies, post-acne solutions. If you needed it, he had it. At all times, Sigmund's skin needed to be flawless. Being on camera, viewed from every possible angle on TV or in a tabloid, forced him to take his skincare very seriously. It was clear to him that Kyle didn't have that same priority.

He started by pulling golden, under eye patches from the mini fridge, setting them carefully over the dark circles beneath the wizard's brown eyes. Erin giggled when he nodded happily to himself.