The Day I Lost Him

Alexandria's POV
November 22, 1968

When i awoke everything was black. I was so scared and confused. I died, so where was i now. "Ria" a familiar voice called out. He came running up to my side, with vampire speed.

"What happened?" i let out a breath i didn't know i was holding and whispered "Kol, I died. How am i alive right now?"

he pulled me into a hug as a response and said, "You're in transition. I didn't want this kind of life for you, Ria, but either you feed on human blood or...or you die."

*

*

*

Life as a vampire is different, its more empowering. After I woke Kol found me and taught me control and the main basics of being a vampire.

He taught me how to compel and about all the weaknesses us vampires have, like vervain, wood, and the sun.

He mentored me for a few years and we grew closer and closer. As time went on we eventually admitted our feelings for one another.

Kol became my rock, as i was his. We fell in love and finished fighting in the war together.

*

*

*

I waited a year until returning to my old home, but to my dismay my mother and brother were gone

My childhood home was inhabited by another family.

When I asked about my family sympathy filled their faces and the father explained what had become of them.

My mother had gotten polio and it became more and more painful she was unable to move her limbs.

My brother, thinking she was the only family he had left, since our father had abandoned us when we were young, and I had "died" decided to take matters into his own hands.

He searched and searched until he found a man who had created the vaccine.

He then bought the vaccine for a lot of money, and when he was walking a few blocks to his car he was attacked by a crazed man mumbling things like, "I have to save my wife." or "I don't chose the way this would end"

My brother fought back, but was out matched due to the gun in the opposing mans hand.

The man grew frustrated, and shot Danny in the chest.

He laid there on the ground, pleading for help as blood poured out of the wound, but no one heard him.

A few days after Danny was murdered my mother was found dead in her bathtub with a note saying she was joining her children in heaven.

Kol comforted me in my time of need and convinced me to not to flip off my humanity, I ended up not flipping it, but i will never truly be able to forget about the pain with my heightened emotions.

"Ria, are you even listening to me?" Kol said, slightly frustrated. "Of course sweetheart, we run from Klaus, avoid Rebekah because shes very vengeful, and we get married in the church outside of the city."

We were currently in New York, hiding from Klaus who is angry at Kol for not returning to him right after the war, well that and we undaggered their sister Rebekah, whos blood lust grew from her anger towards Klaus.

Apparently he separated her from yet another one of her "true loves" so she went on a killing spree, killing anyone who looked like a petrova doppelgänger

I kept my mouth shut about Annabel, because she was a Petrova and i fear she was the one they may have be looking for.

I lean over the table and peck him on the lips, "See told you i was paying attention." I suddenly feel a presence behind me, and Kol's eyes widen. "guess you weren't paying enough attention, love" a voice said in a thick britsh accent.

I turned around to see a young, curly blonde haired man. I recognized him all to well from Kol's descriptions. "Klaus." I said flatly. "Oh look at that, you know who i am. Im guessing that means you know what this is as well?" he asked, holding up an ancient looking dagger.

"Ria, run" I looked at him with tears in my eyes, "but Kol.." - "Run!" he shouted. All of a sudden Klaus shoved the dagger into his chest and veins begin to cover his whole body.

I let out a sob before running as far and as fast as i could. I ran faster than I ever had, as if I was missing my show Doctor Who.

*

*

*

When I finally came to a stop i was in a dark alley. I fell to ground as tears poured down my face, then just like that i was no longer on the ground.

Someone was shoving me up against the wall and i saw his fangs as he was ready to attack.

I forced my arm up and spun around so he was against the wall. I hissed at him, then allowed my veins and fangs to disappear.

"Next time, feed on a human. Who are you." i scoffed.

"Name's Damon Salvatore, and you are a feisty little one." the sound of the last name echoes through my head.

I lift up my hand showing him the ring on my finger. "Engaged, don't even think about it. You'd be dead in less than a second."

"Im a pretty strong vampire, i could probably take him." he boasted. I laughed at the thought of him going against Kol, but i just said, "Highly unlikely." He let the topic pass and said, "I like you, what's your name?"

"Why the hell would I tell you" I snapped back absolutely done with life... well afterlife.

"Fine Ms. Judgy you already know my name and I am 126" Not acknowledging him i just said "Is your brother Stefan Salvatore?"

He glared at me with jealousy in his eyes "Stefan, Stefan, Stefan everyone knows Stefan, I'm here too ya know!"

I nodded with an eyebrow lifted "Okay Mr. Envious my name is Alexandria Sangue and I am 43"

Damon started to laugh "well hello there baby vamp"

After our bickering he asked the question I had been avoiding "why were you crying?"

I closed my eyes and let out a sigh "my fiancé was just put to sleep by his vengeful brother, I fear I will never see him again and I don't know if I can live without him by my side".

Damon's face finally showed emotion and he groaned "Good job Alex now my humanity is back, you reminded me of my transition."

He then hugged me as I hiccuped while crying.

At least I made a friend out of this situation right?

AN: YAY NEW CHAPTER DAMON AND RIA MET, BUT KOL IS GONE😭 #TEAMKONDRIAFORLIFE. ANYWAY COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK AND VOTE FOR THE CHAPTER IF YOU WANT LOVE YOU BYEEE!❤️