The Train

May 17,1942
Alexandria Sangue

That morning at 4 am. I walked toward my restroom scissors in hand. Once I was in front of my mirror I hesitated a couple seconds, once I cut my hair there was no going back, I eventually began to cut cut it all off. As each piece was cut I felt more and more ready for war. Once I was done I wrapped a piece of cloth tightly around my breast, and clipped it with safety pins so so it would stay put. After that I put on a white shirt, a green jacket which was slightly oversized, some light brown trousers with a belt to keep them up, and some brown shoes which fit me perfectly suprisingly.

As I checked the clock I saw that it was 5:48 am. I quietly entered my brothers room and turned off his alarm clock. Then I walked toward the front door picked up my bag and balanced a letter adressed to my brother on the door handle. I then exited through the back door. The train station was a few miles away and with no transportation my only chance on getting there was walking.

After about 5 minutes of walking I heard a honk behind me. When I turned around I had to laugh, Annabel was in her 1935 Ford Coupe motioning me to get in. Once in the car she bagan to laugh like a lunatic "did you really think i was going to let you freeze to death walking too the train station before you even get to war!" I shook my head "I thought you would be with Joey, didn't he get a draft letter?" I asked confused as she began to drive "Na Joey's got flat feet" I nodded understanding.

Once we got to the train station I got my bag and we went inside. Men were already boarding even though it was just 7:15. Annabel looked at me with tears in her eyes "I guess this is goodbye" "I guess this is goodbye" I answered back tears running down my face. Annabel and I quickly hugged each other knowing that we would probably never see eachother ever again.

We finally seperated and she grabbed both of my shoulders looking me straight in my eyes "Lex you are the most stubborn, brilliant, strong woman I have ever met if anyone can survive this war you can, this might sound bad but you need to do whatever it takes to survive even if other lives are on the line your motto needs to be better you die than I". I stared at Barbara shocked "Annabel Marie Petrova if I am ever in that situation I will do whatever it takes to save my peoples lives!" Annabel sighed in annoyance but nodded " Very well, be safe Alexandria" and with that she began to walk away. I checked my watch to see it was 7:23 so I grabbed my bag and boarded
*
*
*
*
Kol's POV
I had just arrived at the train station with Elijah and Nik and was shocked at how many people were crying! War was where you you were able to kill people and not get punished for it, war was freedom!

I was sucked out of my thoughts when Elijah spoke "Kol war is a place to make good friends, but don't let-" he was cut off by Nik laughing hysterically "Only you Elijah would tell a man going to war to make friends!" Elijah glared at Nik but he gave no notice. "What I was saying before I was interrupted is to not make it too obvious that you are are a vampire. I have heard about organizations all over the world that are now imprisoning vampires and torture them for experiments. I have no doubt that they will be looking for vampires in this war so be careful" I nodded to Elijah in appreciation. Elijah and Klaus were gone in seconds so I boarded the train.

Once I boarded I looked for a place to sit and noticed a worried looking fellow. I walked down the isle and sat next to him "hello mate, my name is Kol Mikaelson" I extended my hand out to shake his and he fianlly looked up "Danny, Danny Sangue" he replied with a low voice and shook my hand with a pretty good grip for a human.
*
*
*
*
Danny's POV

I woke up feeling like I had a good night of sleep which was rare. I looked over at my alarm clock and fell out of my bed it was 9:00 am! I quickly got dressed and woke up my mother. I then began to run to the door when something caught my eye. On the door handle balanced to perfection was an Envelope and on it was written Danny. I quickly ripped it open and began to read the letter

Dear Danny,
You are not going to war today, tomorrow, or ever because I'm going for you. I am going as Daniel Sangue because your my little brother and it is my responsibility as an older sister to protect you. When you were born I repeated these words "my brother, my responsibility" when first holding you and I am living up to that promise now. Hopefully one day you will forgive me.

Love, Alexandria Sangue

"Danny Lexa isn't in her room!" my mother shouted in fear and i motioned for her to come to me. "Mom I need you to read this letter". Once she read it we cried together knowing it was too late to stop her, my older sister was going to war.

Hey guys! So I Decided to change Barbara's name to Annabel because it just fit better. Koala (Kol) met Alexandria!!! What should their ship name be? Comment what you think.
Anyway you know what to do! Like, Comment, Subscribe see ya later alligators!