The Death of Johnathan Black

It was a crisp autumn morning in the small town of Woodsville when Detective Sarah Sanders received a call from the local police department. A famous writer, Johnathan Black, had been found dead in his study, and they needed her expertise to solve the case.

Sanders arrived at Black's large Victorian-style house, and was greeted by the local police chief, who led her to the study where Black's body lay. The room was cluttered with papers and books, and the curtains were drawn, casting a dim light over the scene.

Black was slumped over his desk, his head resting on his arms, as if he had been working late into the night. But as Sanders approached, she saw the tell-tale sign of a bullet wound in his chest. There was no doubt about it - Johnathan Black had been murdered.
The local police had already secured the scene, and Sanders set to work examining the evidence. She noticed that the desk was littered with pages of an unfinished manuscript, and that the computer screen was still on, with a half-finished sentence blinking on the screen.

As she continued to look around the room, Sanders noticed something odd - several pages had been torn out of the manuscript, leaving ragged edges where they had been ripped out. She made a mental note to examine the missing pages when she had a chance.

The local police had already interviewed Black's wife, who had been estranged from him for some time, and had been in the midst of a custody battle over their young son. They had also spoken with Black's agent, who had been pushing him to finish the manuscript on time for an upcoming book release.

Sanders knew that this was going to be a difficult case to solve, with a number of potential suspects and motives. But she was determined to get to the bottom of it, and bring Johnathan Black's killer to justice.