𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍

𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 | JULY

"Tommy?!" A guy at the gate looked over at Tommy. "Open the gate!"

The doors to Jackson opened and a blonde woman came out. She put her hand over her mouth and began crying. "Oh my god." She hugged Tommy and pulled away. "What happened?" She looked at the giant patch on the side of his face covering his left eye.

"It's alright." He said and she shook her head. "I knew it. I told you not to go."

"Hey," He grabbed her hands. "I'm here, aren't I?"

She shook her head in disappointment. She wiped away her tears and turned to us. "Where's Jesse?"

Tommy looked down.

"Oh, my god." She shook her head tearing up. "I knew this was a bad idea." She turned to me. "And who's this?"

"Maria, this is Y/n. Y/n, this Maria." Ellie introduced us and I nodded. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasures all mine." She tried to smile. "You all better get to the infirmary right away."

"We will." Ellie agreed.

We walked all the way there. People stared at me strangely as I walked down the street. I didn't know if it was because I was new or because of my scars or maybe even because i had blood and dirt all over my body.

In the infirmary, a guy named Carlos took care off me. He told me that I had a broken nose and a broken wrist. Both didn't surprise me.

He put a cast over my nose and wrist. Then checked out my shoulder. He said it was stitched pretty up well. I later told Ellie this. It made her feel like a genius.

The whole thing lasted so long, that by the time I got out, it was dark outside.

Ellie was waiting for me outside the infirmary. She had a cast over her nose too and I laughed.

She rolled her eyes smiling a little. "Oh, ha ha." She hadn't smiled in a while. Neither of us have.

"So, are we gonna go eat or what?" Dina walked up to us with three canteens full of water.

"Yeah." Ellie took two canteens and handed me one. "Come on."

I ate so much. I ate a slice of pie, soup, and two burgers. Actual burgers.

I took a bite of the burger and Ellie laughed. "Is it good?"

"Is that a joke?" I said with my mouth full. "This the best thing i've ever had in my entire life."

"Ellie acted like this too." Dina said taking a bite of her burger and Ellie laughed. "There was a lot of food."

"It's like this everyday?" I asked and Ellie nodded. "Everyday."

"Im so glad I left that island." I took another bite which made Ellie smile.

Tommy all of a sudden, sat down next to me. "Take it easy, kid." He chuckled. "There's plenty of food here."

He had fresh bandages on the side of his face. He looked a lot cleaner, unlike the rest of us.

"This is amazing, Tommy." I took the last bite of my burger. "Really amazing. Thank you so much."

"Thank Billy, the cook, not me." Tommy laughed and Ellie chuckled. "Oh, she has."

"Like a million times." Dina added and I took a sip of water. "I'm starting to get a little full."

"A little?" Ellie laughed and I nodded. "I've never had this much food in my life. We were always running out back at the island."

"Well, you don't have to worry about that now." Tommy said and Dina agreed. "You're gonna love it."