𝐀𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐔𝐌

this is legit the longest chapter i've ever written for any of my books.

"You don't have to do this, you know." I winced in pain as Ellie stitched up my bullet wound. "I want to." She stated and I nodded digging my finger nails into the tree log i was sitting on.

"You're pretty good at this." I complimented, trying hard to ignore the pain.

"I've had practice." Ellie put her mouth up to the thread and cut it with her teeth. "There." She stood up then sat next to me.

"Thanks." I smiled at Ellie and she nodded.

I could tell the whole Nora thing was affecting her so I tried to talk less. Maybe that's what she needed...or maybe the opposite? How am I supposed to know? I met her yesterday.

We were sitting by a fire. It was pretty risky, but I needed somewhere to patch up and it was freezing. We were pretty far from the island and we made sure we were behind the buildings, so no one can see us.

I took out my canteen of water than drank almost half. I looked over at Ellie who was just staring at the fire. "You thirsty?"

She turned to me and nodded. "Yeah, thanks." Ellie took the canteen and drank the rest of the water.

She gave it back and I stuffed it in my backpack. I sat there not knowing what to say after. "Ellie...do you want to talk about it?"

"No." She answered quickly and I nodded. "Kay."

"We should get going." Ellie stood up. "Let the rain put out the fire."

"Yup." I stood up and followed Ellie.

The whole trip to their hideout, she barely said anything. Nora's blood remained on her face and I didn't know wether to offer to clean it off or not.

"We're here." Ellie said as we walked up to a place that said 'theater' on it. Ellie knocked on the door nervously. Her hands were shaking and her breath was also shakey.

"It's m-me!" Ellie stuttered and I heard the door begin opening.

A girl opened the door and her eyes widened as she saw me. She pulled her gun out and a boy opened the door wider. "It's one of them!" He pushed me to the ground which made Ellie yell. "Stop!"

"Ow." I grabbed my shoulder in pain. I sat on the wet floor pretty embarrassed.

"She's with me." Ellie helped me up. "You okay?"

"Yeah." I said lying. My shoulder hurt so bad.

"Who the hell is this?" The boy, who I guessed was Jesse, asked.

"Ellie." The girl (dina) looked at Ellie sympathetically. "Are you okay?"

"I know where she is." Ellie said quietly and Dina nodded. "How about we get you cleaned up first?"

Ellie agreed and I just stood there. I felt so unwanted here.

She left with Dina and I was left alone with Jesse.

He stared at me harshly. Jesse went in circles around me.

I waved a little not knowing what else to do. "Hi."

"You better not try anything." Jesse put his gun away. "If you do-"

"I know."

"Yeah, whatever." He walked away and I looked around the theater.

It was strange knowing that this place was once full of people.

I heard Dina walk into the room and I remembered the apples.