Chapter 4: Gabriel Vermillion

Start from the beginning

Unique Skills: [Perfect Human] [Lord of Pride]

Ultimate Skills: [Lucifer: Lord of Pride]

Titles: [Perfect Human] [Broken AF] [Otaku] [Bored] [Merciless] [Prodigy] [Genius] [Warrior] [Mage] [Advanced Mage] [Arcane Mage] [Godly Mage] [Reincarnated]

I sighed. Using [False Status] I looked like a regular prodigy, but if people knew what I was capable of...

I used [Shadow Step] and [Spatial Magic] to just appear in front of my brother. He jumped back, the key falling out of his hand. I ran off with it, because I was pretty sure I heard him chanting a fireball spell. I ran down the corridor, took a left then down some stairs. Right at the bottom was a door. The big silver key fit perfectly and after turning it the door unlocked. I walked into a huge room with only a huge bed to the back wall.

My mother.

She had fallen ill after giving birth to me. It didn't add up. I was supposedly the Perfect Human or something like that. So why the hell would she get messed up. For some reason, I couldn't heal her, and couldn't even learn healing magic. I didn't even get a blessing from that bitch.

A sharp pain rang in my head again. Fuck off.

I walked toward my mothers bed. Some people would feel nothing, but for some reason she mattered a lot to me. Like she sacrificed something just for me and I didn't even know it. I felt like I owed her. Wonder how the other reincarnations are going.

I put my hand on hers, she fluttered her eyes open and looked up again. Her pale and feeble hands held mine. Her breath steadied and she smiled.

"Gabriel, how was your day?" 

She was acting like everything was ok. This was deppresing, huh? Maybe an internal punishment. I mean, I wasn't the best person in my past life. Maybe the gods just killed us off and put us in this world as a punishment. We might not even be in the same world.

These thoughts crashed over me like a large wave. Then shockwaves of an upcoming earthquake. I couldn't recover. Tears rolled down my cheek.

"Gabriel, what is wrong?"

Damn it!

I punched the wall with the side of my fist, it caused a dent. I felt like I was being suffocated. Like all these stats and skills were to just make me seem like I was in paradise? Anybody else feel like that? Like everything good that happens to them is just a curse. My mother...

"You will get better, mother. I promise you this."

Not to sound all knight-like but I meant it. I would save her. I don't give one crap about why I was killed and sent to this world. I was going to save this poor woman.

I went to leave but a little sound escaped from my mothers lip.

"My perfect little human.."

Hm? I turned around and looked at her but she had already fallen asleep. I walked out the room, making sure to lock the door.

Father made us visit our mother every day. She was locked in that room and taken care of by maids, who were secretly slaves. See, my mothers illness has something to do with her blood type. It's abnormal and anyone who comes in contact with her also goes through this abnormality. They lose most of their strength. 

Me and my brother are immune since we were born with this abnormality. The catch, this abnormality isn't curable by magic. For some reason, magic seems to bounce off of it. It has to be something less spiritual and more physical. Maybe a parasite? I noticed the medical field is kind of exclusive to elixirs, potions, and magic. Not a single hospital exists, at least the traditional ones.

I walked out to the courtyard, my favorite place. I picked up a long sword and readied it at the dummy. Attacking these things was the most fun. Just a swing of my sword could destroy it. I made a blade come out my palm. Fighting with these was way more fun. I dropped the long sword and started to hack at the straw dummy with my blades. It was down in about four hits. 

Eh, that got boring quick. What the hell is there to do. Being a rich royal isn't as fun as it sounds. In the real world I could blow millions of useless stuff but in this world money is used for more practical things. 

I walked back into the palace. My katana wasn't allowed inside, but what were the maids going to do, ground me?

I laughed at my little joke and contiuned up the stairs. Maybe that idiot Dimitri could keep me company. I heard some shuffling coming from a closet. Gods.. what was he doing in there?

I teleported in, but not before turning on my real stats. I wanted to give him a good stare.

"Dimitri..~"

WOAH!

I covered my eyes. My innocent five year old eyes!

He turned around to me.

Wait.. Dimitri was into dudes?

Also who the hell was that... someone in a leather tunic.

Without hesitation I shot a light bullet through his skull.

"No trespassers."

New Title Acquired -> [Cockblock]

End of the chapter. The end was satirical and not cannon. I REPEAT THE PART WHERE HE KILLS THE PEASANT IS SATIRE AND NOT CANNON. THE PEASANT DONT EXIST AND ITS JUST FORESHADOWING.

Also, this chapter was all over the place but uh needed to introduce Gabriel Vermillion. Other reincarnates will get their own chapters and intros but some will just interact with the character. I decided to have all the other people reincarnate as humanoids just because this labryinth arc is kinda unorganized and im not changing the plot notes.

Anyway see you in the next chapter!