Tributes

"Okay now time for the female tribute," Effie walked over to the large bowl in front of Esmeralda, and picked a small slip of white paper.

"Primrose Everdeen" Effie said loud and clear when she got back to the microphone.

Effie walked over to the large bowl with the names of tributes in there, some names repeated so they can get more food for their families.

"Esmeralda Theo" a horrible sensation of worry, fear and panic came over the young 15 year old girl as her name was read out by the woman from the Capitol.

Esmeralda walked slowly up, as everyone watch her. She was pretty known throughout District 12 as she was the daughter of the man who would bring and trade squirrels, bird, and other things from the forest to eat. She was trained by her mother and father on various knifes, smaller ones to throw at the animals, larger ones that are small but still big enough to but through wood, and larger double edged knifes to get big animals like deers. She would help her father more after her mother was gone, her mother sold to the wrong Peacekeeper and made her an example at the Justice Building, which is not something they had to deal with before from any Peacekeeper.

Everyone looked at her going up, trying not to cry. Once she got up there Effie smiled at her, she looked out to the crowd. Everyone put three fingers up for her, knowing that she has been through so much lately, and knowing that she help many families when they had nothing.

Effie quickly walked over to the male tribute bowl and called out "Rye Coastal" a 17 year old who she had seen in passing but knew nothing about. They shook hands and Effie took both of them inside the Justice building.

A young blonde girl, looks like the age of 12, started to come out of the crowd. Quickly after, she was coming out, an older girl who Esmeralda recognized came out of the crowd as well. As she is being held back by Peacekeepers, she yells "I volunteer, I volunteer as tribute"

That's when Esmeralda realizes it's Katniss Everdeen.

She walked up to the stand with Effie telling her to say her name and asked if that was her sister which she said yes to in shock. When Katniss looked out to the rest of district 12 they help the three fingers up once again. Something they haven't done since Esmeralda. Esmeralda was trying her best to hide her shaking because it's being back memories she tries to push away. Effie once again ran to the bowl of male tributes and quickly pulled out a name. She sternly yelled out Peeta Mallark.

He walked up rather slowly, and shook hands with Katniss. To everyone it looks they are just scared, but to Esmeralda it looks like these two have met before and not just because they are in the same district.

Katniss and Peeta were taken to the back, to say goodbye to there families. While walking back Esmeralda was trying to keep her composure, but Haymitch noticed.

"Hey Essie are you okay?" He said walking up to her. He knows that something that helps her is a hug from him. Haymitch was there for her when her family was gone. But Esmeralda knew that if Haymitch got close to her then they would take him away from her too.

"Get the hell away from me Haymitch" Esmeralda said quickly and walked away. Haymitch didn't take any of it personally because he knew the games and the Capitol broke her. He knew that she cared about him but knew she could loose another person.

Esmeralda waited for what seemed like forever for a Peacekeeper to bring her father to her.

"My sweet Alda, I'm so sorry this happened to you" he quickly pulled her into the biggest hug not wanting to let her go.

"Dad, what am I going to do?"

"Alda you are strong, you have knowledge others wish they knew. I know it's not the same but you know you way around the knifes, if you show the game maker that, could could one up some of the tributes."

"It's not the same, it's not going to be the same"

"I know sweetie I know. Just please be careful. Know that I love you. And I know you are scared but the Capitol can't take away the sweet girl that I know and this district knows. Never forget that" he pulled her in for a hug.

"Dad promises me you'll stay safe here. Help were ever you can. I promise I'll try to come back. I'll come back to you." She said while crying.

That's when a Peacekeeper came in and pulled him apart, she was crying and screaming even more that she didn't want him to go.

Esmeralda slowed down her breathing trying not to panic anymore than she already was. Then another Peacekeeper came in and took her to the train station.

Esmeralda knew that she has to apologize to Haymitch, she just can't loose him she can't.

She met Effie, Haymitch, Katniss, and Peeta at the train station. Getting in the train every year doesn't get easier.