Grandma : So you two are on runnaway?

Grandma's sudden question stopped Vegas.

Vegas  : I don't know what you talking about Grandma.

Grandma let out a long sigh and took Vegas's hand.

Grandma : I know I am old now, but my eyes are still see well. I saw the ways you looking at Pete, your eyes always on Pete. There was a sparkle in your eyes in every look.

Vegas : Ahh... I...

Grandma : I understand your family doesn't Approve Pete anyway. I knew, he was always showed us to happy face with a smile, but always there was emptiness in his eyes. But when I saw him yesterday, his eyes had lost that emptiness and there was a fullness with love.
Thank you, Mr. Vegas, for taking such care of my Pete.

Vegas : Im Sorry for Hiding that grandma.

Grandma Smiles.

Grandma : I know about Pete's every move. He suffered a lot as a child. Even though he tried to hide it from me, I knew it all. He usually visits his mother's grave. It's something he's been doing since childhood. He spends hours there. But he never told me that.

Vegas : Is the grave far away?

Grandma : No, that road is five miles from here. From there you have to walk towards to sea.

Vegas : Grandma, wouldn't you mind that me and Pete got together? Are you okay with it?

Grandma : I just want Pete to be happy. At first I was very worried about it. But after talking to you, I realized that you are perfect for Pete.

Vegas hugged Grandma.

Vegas : Thank you grandma. You did understand me.

Grandma : But it was wrong, that sneak him into your room last night

Vegas : how do you know?

Grandma laughed.

Grandma : There are some marks on your neck that were not there yesterday.

Vegas immediately touched his neck.

Vegas : Grandma, is Pete really your grandson? when you are so smart, How did your grandson become so stupid?

They both laughed.

Grandma : Tell me what is the problem now?

Vegas explained everything to Grandma. Grandma touched  Vegas's shoulder.

Grandma : Mr. Vegas, take him out of here quickly. We wont be a problem. Take care of him. Being here is a threat to you two. And can you make one promise?

Vegas : tell me whatever you wants.

Grandma : Dont leave him in any matter. He suffered a lot. He never shows his pain. Please Understand him.  love is all he want, he will do anything for it. Take care of him.

Vegas : I'll protect him with any cost grandma. you can trust me. my whole world is him. nothing can separate us.

***********************************

*At Pete's house

Pete sat up on the bed sleepily. He noticed that Vegas was not in the room. He came out of the room wearing the clothes Vegas left on the bed.

He went into the kitchen to find Grandma and Vegas. There was someone in the kitchen so he stopped.

Pete : father...

Father : Ahhh.. do you remembered the house huh?

Pete's Father said angrily and came to Pete.

Father : Where have you been all this time?

Pete : Father, you are very drunk.

Pete turned to go back to his room. But Father grabbed him by his clothes and pulled to him.

Father : where are you going I'm not done talking.

Pete : Father, leave me alone. you are drunk

Father : Huh.. dont talk back to me. are you coming to give me advice?

Father slapped Pete's cheek. Then grabbed Pete's hair.

Pete : Let me go.. its hurts

Father : You cannot command me. I will teach you a good lesson

Father pushed Pete away. Pete overturned a chair there and fell to the floor. But before his head hit the ground, someone caught him from behind.

Pete : Vegas..

Grandma immediately ran over and grabbed Pete's Father and pulled him back. But he pushed her away.

Vegas looked up angrily at Pete's father. He immediately went to father and grabbed him by the neck and pressed him against the wall.

Vegas : No one, i mean No one can lay a finger on my Pete.

Pete got up and ran over to try to loosen Vegas's hand. Vegas continues to looking menacingly at father.

Pete : No... No... No... Vegas Leave Him.. Vegas..

Vegas immediately dropped him. grandma quickly  grabbed him. Pete's father start to scold and cursed them angrily.

Grandma : Mr. Vegas, get Pete out of here immediately. Quick.. Pete, get out of here ..

Pete : No.. no... I can't leave here grandma..

Grandma : You have to go, Pete. Mr. Vegas, take him quickly.

Vegas grabbed Pete by the arm and dragged him to the vehicle.

Pete : Vegas.. let me go. I can't leave now

But Vegas didn't loosen his grip one bit. He dragged Pete and went to the car.

Pete : What are you doing Vegas? leave me alone I'm not going anywhere.

Grandma came running there.

Grandma : No Pete.. You must go.. Don't be stubborn..

Pete : But grandma..

Grandma : Take good care of him Mr. Vegas. That's all I ask of you..

Vegas hugged Grandma

Vegas : I promise you that Grandma, Please take care of your self. If something happend to you, he won't forgive me ever.

Grandma Nodded with teary eyes and hold Pete by his cheeks.

Grandma : Be careful my child. Wherever you'll go with Mr. Vegas, I think you'll gonna be safe with him. You did choose him wisely, Pete. I wish good luck both of you. Take care of him too.

Pete : Please... Grandma..

Grandma : Take him Mr. Vegas. If you are getting late, here situation gonna be worse. leave here quickly.

Vegas open the door and made Pete to got into the vehicle by force. Then he also get in to car and start it.

Pete : No.. Grandma.. please...

Pete start to cry.. Vegas drove away while Grandma keep looking at their vehicle. she let out a long sigh.

To be continued..