“O-ok.” I stuttered through my pain.

“If you say no I’ll completely understand but it’s the only way I know how to save you. I need you to let me claim you and I need you to claim me after your shift. Its called a “chosen mate”, shifters usually do it when they can’t find their mate but I think it will work since your rejected.”

“What about your mate?” I asked.

“She rejected me a very long time ago…” he said sadly but there was something else to that story but now was not the time to ask about it.

“All I need is for you to agree and I’ll do it, but you need to understand it binds you to me for life.” he said his tone very serious and firm. I couldn’t figure out why this stranger would want to bind himself to me for life, he didn’t even know me yet he had come to my rescue. He had noticed I was about to shift in the middle of a club, I might have been able to make it outside but I probably would have died mid-shift in some dirty alley somewhere.

“You can claim me.” I whispered as I stared into his amazing aqua blue eyes.

“Just remember your going to have to claim me after your shift.” he answered with a smile.

“I know.” I replied and suddenly he leaned down and kissed me sweetly. It was the most perfect kiss I had ever received, when Luka had kissed me it had been with lust and passion. This kiss was nothing but pure bliss. After he kissed me he leaned down and kissed the spot where my neck and shoulder met and then I felt his canines extend and enter my skin. It wasn’t painful like I thought it would be, in fact it felt amazing. If I wasn’t about to shift I would have torn his clothes off him and claimed him body and all right there on the forest floor. When his canines retracted I moaned with pleasure and he looked at me with a big smile.

“Now Kylie your shift is going to hurt but I’m going to be here the entire time walking you through it ok?”

“Ok” I replied and then suddenly dropped to the ground screaming in pain. I felt him reach out for me and caress me gently and then whisper kind and encouraging things to me. Even though I was in so much pain I felt like I was going to explode with love, I had never felt so loved in my life and all I wanted to do was curl up in his arms and hold on to him for dear life. After my shift would he disappear from my life too, would I have two mates out there who didn’t want to spend their lives with me? I shuddered at the thought and I could tell Nate had noticed. He sat there for the next two hours as my bones broke and shifted until I passed out.

    When I woke up I knew I was in wolf form because the first thing I saw was white paw. I stood up slowly and saw him sitting there staring at me with love and awe which made my heart swell with pride. I licked his face and he laughed and then I nudged his chest with my nose hoping he’d know I was asking him to shift, I wanted to see his wolf. He nodded and started taking his clothes off and then he shifted, he was a beautiful all white wolf but he still had his amazing aqua eyes. I nuzzled into his neck and I heard him purr. He started running away and I followed until we were racing through the trees, I don’t think I had ever felt so happy and free. We ran until we found a small pond and when I looked into the water I noticed I was an all white wolf too, now that was strange. I still had my violet colored eyes but I thought white wolves were rare which is why I had been surprised when Nate shifted. Yet we were both white wolves with no other colors marring our beautiful white coats of fur. I drank some water so I could catch my breath and then I nudged him and we started to run back to the clearing where I had shifted. I paced in a circle not knowing how to get back to my human form and I was starting to panic. I looked over to see he had shifted but he was putting his pants back on but he held his shift in his hand.