Sans Undertale Kicks My Ass

I promise this name is just a placeholder so I could get the chapter out quicker, it'll be changed eventually I promise.

I awoke the next morning to the squeak of a rusty hinge and the shuffling of boots against a metal floor. I groaned, failing to notice that the shuffling had stopped.

I was still half asleep and the rocking of the floor beneath me was just as disorientating as it had been the day before. When I cracked an eyelid, I was greeted by a pair of black leather boots. My eyes snapped open and I scrambled to my feet in a squat. I looked up at the looming shadow in the doorway, but before I could stand up fully, the pair of green lights hovering above me caused me to hesitate.

The shadow had transparent skin, revealing a gruesome view of his skull, and a pair of floating lights in his otherwise empty eye sockets. He was wearing a tattered, grey uniform that smelled like dust and decay. Silence struck the cramped room as he fixed his menacing, green lights on me and his transparent eyes widened in surprise. We stared at each other, unsure who would make the first move.

'Maybe-'

The ghostly man lunged forward, grabbing my upper arms and almost lifting me off my feet as he slammed my back against the wall. Taking my shock as an opportunity, he winded up and sucker-punched my already aching jaw. His hands were ice-cold and the ghostly skin provided no barrier to keep his bare-boned knuckles from splitting my lip.

I freed my right arm from his grasp and a hook at his abdomen. But my fist made no contact, phasing through the front of his torso as he landed another punch.

Finally realizing what I was dealing with, I brought my arm up to shell my face from another sucker punch. Meanwhile, my other hand began searching for the chain that held Copper around my neck.

All I needed to do was get a good slash in with Copper and the ghost would be a cloud of dust. But instead, I fumbled the trigger clip as the man threw punches around my miserable guard.

Growing frustrated, I gave up on unclipping Copper and threw a sudden uppercut to the skeleton's jaw. The tangible ghost yowled and backed up, clutching his mandible as his pellucid face contorted in pain.

Without pause, I swung a low round-kick for his knee. I'd half expected the kick to sever his leg since his bones appeared to be held together by nothing but his incorporeal skin and uniform. But instead, his knee held together and the strike took him to the ground.

I stepped towards the pile of bones to finish the job but a new figure appeared in the doorway. Yet another ghostly man in an old-timey sailor's uniform had appeared.

The new sailor did not hesitate and leaped at me over his comrade. Normally, his charge would have been easy enough to dodge, but there was no space to move in the cramped storage closet before. Now, with two creatures the size of grown men and a demigod, all I could do was bring up my guard and brace.

I was slammed against the wall once again, this time hitting my head on impact and worsening the disorientating headache caused by the seasickness. My vision was beginning to swim as I grappled with the new soldier, desperately kicking at his boots until we were both on the floor.

We wrestled for a few seconds, each moment my limbs were growing heavier. I managed to squeeze out of his hold and threw a limp punch at his face before turning to run for the door. But the soldier was unfazed by my lousy slap and grabbed my ankle.

I crashed down on top of the first soldier. Having recovered, the first soldier pinned my arms to my sides in a bear hug.

I tried to wiggle out of his grip but it did nothing. The other soldier stood up and mercilessly swung his boot against the side of my head. And with that, my vision blurred and I went limp.