The Medusa Cascade

This was the culmination of years of preparation. The Warrior was to lead two hundred and fifty thousand Time Lord battleships into the enemy stronghold and cripple the Dalek Empire. Unfortunately, that was only the latest of many, many Time Lord plans that were supposed to "cripple the Dalek Empire."

The 5th Time Lord Battle Fleet was approaching the outer defense, half materialized and half in the vortex. To ordinary beings, it would appear as if there was nothing there at all. Spacetime was double-folded on itself so that an ordinary spaceship or timeship could literally sail forward forever in space or the vortex and never get any closer.
A properly equipped Time Lord vessel, however, could sense the loop. With enough power, it could even force through it.
The Warrior spoke into the intercom.

"Execute maneuver 19!"

The one hundred War TARDISes (and Preda's old Battle TARDIS that she still used) clumped together in a spearhead formation. Bowships joined behind them, and Black Hole Carriers at the rear. With extra power sent to it from Gallifrey and the Cruciform, the formation pushed and strained against the distortion. The images of the stars and nebulae warped and twisted as the spatial loop stretched and started to give.
The Daleks, however, were not backing down, and reinforced that section of the barrier. Hundreds or thousands of saucers surrounded the Warrior's fleet, trying to blast through the force field that surrounded it. Thousands more ships fought through them and joined the formation, but no avail. The Warrior and his fleet were straining almost to the breaking point, but could not force through any farther.
All according to plan.

"Commander Partheus, Commander Achilleus, Commander Raxon," the Warrior said, "Execute maneuver 19 in three, two, one, NOW!"

On various other ends of the Medusa Cascade, three other fleets formed into spearheads and stabbed at the barrier. With so much of their energy focused on keeping the Warrior out on that one spot, other parts of the Dalek's defense were weakened. Before long, the distortions of the images of the scenery grew more and more extreme and then rippled away as Partheus's fleet tore through the spatial loop. The Warrior's fleet and all the others followed in after it. The outer defense was breached.

Part of the armada broke away to keep the hole in the outer defense open, while the rest set to work hammering away at the force field ahead of them and fighting off the colossal swarm of Dalek saucers that surrounded them on all sides.
The Time Lords launched stellar destructors into the stars nearest to the force field to blow through it, but that didn't work because the Daleks sent agents back in time to prevent those stars from forming.

The story was the same throughout the battle, on both sides. The fleets would adopt different formations and strategies to gain the advantage over the enemy, while informants from the future reported on their success or failure. Whenever one side gained the upper hand, the other would send back information on how to best counter the enemy stratagem, and negate the advantage that they had. Whenever one side was losing the battle, the other would send reinforcements from when it was doing better, which would allow it to do better and send said reinforcements to when it wasn't doing well.

The fighting turned to chaos as the battle succumbed to the time loops, skips, freezes, slow-downs, and various other temporal distortions that were the plague of every large battle in the Time War. Sometimes not even the outer defense would be breached, and sometimes the Time Lords would be laying siege to the Dalek command stations right on top of the rift. This was not going anywhere.