𝐬𝐢𝐱 || 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 + 𝐁𝐨𝐲𝐬

"𝘐 𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 '𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵" 

- 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘙𝘦𝘱𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘤

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇. They were all as perplexed as each other. Cassie emerged from her car to find no maverick. "Cass. Hello," Mickey says. Cassie smiles as she walks towards the man. "Jake arrived at my house this morning. "I'm curious how he knew where I lived." Cassie inquired on the spur of the moment.

Mickey's smile faded. "He refused to leave me alone. "He was desperate," Mickey explained, raising a brow at Cassie. "He showed his sorry ass at my house around midnight." Cassie sighed, a soft smile spreading across her lips.

"Thank you very much." Cassie responded squeezing Mickey's shoulder. "Good morning, aviators," Maverick said, capturing the attention of the group. "I appreciate you meeting me here." Maverick stated as Bob noticed the footballs in his hands.

"What are those for?" Bob asks the question that everyone was thinking. "These. Are for dogfight football." Maverick explained as the aviator's faces clouded with confusion.

"Dog fight football is football with offence and defence at the same time." Maverick explained tossing one ball to Hangman and the other to Rooster. "Put your stuff down everyone, then return here in a second. The teams will be selected by your captains." Maverick instructed heading towards the Hard Deck to greet Hondo.

Cassie set her bag down near the bench where Penny was working on paperwork for the Hard Deck. "Hey Pen," Cassie said, smiling at the older lady. "Cass." Penny acknowledged by nodding. Cassie returned to where everyone else was standing, taking a stance next to Phoenix.

"Aright. Hondo will referee this game." Maverick explained, which elicited a few smiles from the aviators. "Captains. Choose your team members." Maverick turned to face the two men holding footballs.

Rooster selected Cassie first. She fist bumped the man before moving beside him. A jealous pang ran through Hangman's body as he watched. Both teams had been chosen. Hangman, Phoenix, Fanboy, Yale, Halo, Maverick, and Coyote make up the red team. Rooster, Ace, Payback, Omaha, Bob, and Fritz make up the blue team.

Shirts were strewn across the beach as the game began. Shirtless men could be found on the left, right, and centre. Cassie made sure to take notice of Jake's abs. She lifted her shirt, revealing a sports bra and boardies beneath. She could feel Jake's gaze on her as she walked back into her position, waiting for the whistle to blow, signalling the start of a new game.

Maverick walked away from the game earning some protest from the aviators. He headed towards his beach chair as he watched his pilots continue playing. A shadow creeped over him as he looked to find the stoic face of Cyclone.

"Captain are you aware that these pilots will embark on an incredibly dangerous mission and still have a remarkable amount of training still left to do?" Cyclone questioned. "Yes sir." Maverick answered bluntly.

"So why are we playing games?" Cyclone inquired with a confused face. "You told me to make them a team sir. That's your team." Maverick stated gesturing to the young bunch of aviators focused in the new found game.

━━━━━━━⚜━━━━━━━

Cassie ran towards the end zone as the whistle blew, as Rooster threw her the ball. Cassie caught the ball on her way to the end zone. Jake stopped her as he lifted her up by her waist and walked towards the crashing waves of the ocean.