𝒗𝒊𝒊. 𝒇𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒍𝒚

Start from the beginning

Jake felt his tongue still stuck in its place, right at the moment it was the perfect time to speak. His throat closed within itself, unable to form words. A deep sigh left his tense lips as he began to focus on the chilled water that brushed against the tips of his toes. The placement of the comb distracted him just enough to focus his mind on the words he would place into Oare'yuey's ears.

"Have- have you had these for a while? The tattoos?" His words were hesitant immersing small patterns on her skin from where she stood next to his mate. His eyes flicker from the ledge holding him up as he talked to those he considered his world. He never understood why he asked questions he knew wouldn't make his position he already knew Oare'yuey saw his as. Invasive with no remorse for the outcome, he knew deep down he would be apologizing for the second time in two days.

The internal debate was on display, watching her place her small giant her back gripping it harshly like just a simple touch from herself was enough for her to recall the memories that came with them. He couldn't imagine the things she was in her young mind of hers. To be placed in the world she had once escaped to be back there. Her body began to strike back into itself, moving from the comfort of Neytiri. Seeing how she scrunched into herself and placed each arm against the front of her form. Comforting herself. While a distressed form of Neytiri placed her hands against her chest feeling a part of her heart breaking in Oare'yuey's reaction.

It was like the last few times the young Na'vi would seek out comfort without her knowledge, it was more than clear that Jake had made a mistake once more.

Oare'yuey flattened her ears for what felt like the millionth time, the once airy and light energy in the caves was once more turned back into what she never meant to create. She wished she had just answered the stupid question with more than a grunt but with her words. Never had her voice been so stuck. Of course, the subject presented was touchy but she couldn't recognize why she pulled away from someone she didn't even have to think about trusting. It was second nature, the way the woman curled her tail against her leg to keep her close when she did let the girl away from her tender arms. How she was just getting started on the braids that now felt incomplete and still dangled on her hips with no beads to make noise with movements. She didn't understand.

Removing her arms from around herself she began to swim back into Neytiri's arms with her head crushed down hoping the woman understood how she felt. Her heart already felt so heavy seeing her hurt to look and grab her chest. Sucking in a shaking breathe she felt the same hand on her back with nothing but

"Nga yawne lu oer. Ulte nga skxqwng." Neytiri scoffed her arms tighter around the young Na'vi body wanting nothing more than to hiss at her stupid mate. But she knew it would only cause Oare'yuey to cower back into herself once more. The small patterns of air she contracted through her lungs while her ears heard the couple arguing over her actions, saddened her greatly. Though she didn't pay much mind to it.

"Tsap'alute si." His words felt nice in the air, it had been the second time this man had apologized for his actions. It was something almost foreign though she appreciated the gesture she couldn't help herself from feeling reluctant to words that didn't meet his actions in only two days. Oare'yuey left a force of air out her mouth with a light showing off her teeth at his words. She did not know where it was coming from. I guess you could say mother like daughter.

"She is like you." Jake smiled watching her articulate her frustrations with such a tiny scoff that showed her even smaller fangs. Oare'yuey placed herself back into Neytiri's shoulder to hide her embarrassment with her reaction.