Alex

Alex POV

Senior year, a time of anticipation and excitement as the Luna's make their grand entrance into our lives. But I have a secret, one that has been burning within me since that fateful encounter. I've already crossed paths with a Luna, a fiery spirit who defied all my expectations.

Her presence was fleeting, and I find myself yearning for more. I've returned to that peaceful clearing countless times, convincing myself it's for the tranquility it offers. But deep down, I hope to catch another glimpse of the spirited Luna who captured my heart in that enchanted moment.

As I prepare for "Pack Building," a surge of anticipation courses through my veins. The Alphas line up, their eyes fixed on the section where the Lunas stand. And who can blame them? The Lunas, dressed in athletic gear, radiate a vibrant energy, as if they expect love at first sight to be waiting for them.

Among the crowd, I spot Claire, standing at the back, her smile absent. This is not the same girl I remember from the woods. Coach Bill calls each Alpha forward, one by one, to select members to join our fictitious pack. My eyes scan the crowd, searching for my second, and I find him effortlessly. I beckon him down, and we exchange a fist bump. Some of the Betas groan, but their reaction shouldn't come as a surprise.

Mitchell, my first pick since we were in diapers, has been by my side since our earliest days. His father, the second-in-command of our pack, took me in when tragedy struck and my parents fell victim to a rogue attack. With only a handful of survivors, we merged our packs, and the rest is history. But our future pack remains uncertain, for our Alpha already has a son, Dean Maverick, poised to take over.

Dean, an embarrassment to Alphas everywhere, and I have always engaged in a power struggle, two Alphas vying for dominance within the same pack. He is nervous that his father might choose me over him.

As Coach begins calling out the Lunas, my attention is fixed on Claire. Our eyes meet, and she glares at me, a flicker of recognition in her gaze. That's the Luna I remember. I smile at her, but she looks away, leaving me with a mix of curiosity and longing.

I am paired with a girl named Maggie, who is undeniably beautiful, but I can't help but feel a tinge of disappointment that it isn't Claire. I quickly shake off those thoughts and remind myself to give each Luna a fair chance. However, it becomes apparent that Maggie has no interest in participating. She opts to sit out and, in her own words, "not sweat." It reinforces the stereotype that Lunas are princesses, a notion I find hard to bear.

We proceed to play, with Pete and Claire on the opposing team. To my surprise, Claire also sits out, but her smile is radiant as she supports her team from the sidelines. It's impossible not to be captivated by her presence. We play our hearts out and emerge victorious. Throughout the game, I notice that most Lunas choose not to play, or only play sporadically. But Claire, she plays every game, showcasing her strength and athleticism. I find myself watching her intently, yearning to know her better.

The rest of the week unfolds, and my eyes are always drawn to Claire, her every move captivating me. She exudes a strength and determination that is both alluring and inspiring. I can't help but imagine what it would be like to delve deeper into her world, to uncover the layers beneath her enigmatic facade.

Senior year may hold many surprises, and amidst the chaos and uncertainty, I can't help but hope that fate will bring Claire and me closer together. For there is a connection, a spark that ignites whenever our paths cross. And I am eager, with every fiber of my being, to explore the possibilities that lie ahead with this extraordinary Luna who has captured my heart.