10

tate's pov:

my heart is pounding as christian and i are waiting in the waiting room at the hospital. i can't help but feel guilty. like what happened to mitchel is my fault. i should have never let christian kiss me.

"do you think he's going to be okay?" i ask christian. my voice is weak.

he looks at me with hurt eyes. he doesn't say anything. i nervously start to bite my nails.

waiting here with christian has to be one of the most awkwardest moments in my life. i wish our friendship could go back to the way it used to be. but ever since the kiss, things have changed a lot. hopefully one day it will go back to the way it was.

nobody has told us anything. we have been waiting here for what feels like hours. i texted clinton multiple times but no answer.

a doctor finally starts walking our way. christian and i jump up. "is he alright?" we both ask.

the doctor sighs. "mitchel is okay but his injuries are mild. he has a concussion, a broken arm and a few minor cuts from the glass, but he is doing just fine. so if you would like to come and see him, follow me."

i sigh in relief. christian and i follow the doctor until we reach the room mitchel is in.

"i'll leave you guys with him." the doctor walks away and starts talking to another nurse down the hall. christian looks at me before opening the door.

mitchel and i lock eyes and my heart breaks seeing him hurt like this. he has cuts around his face that leads down to his arms and his arm is in a cast.

"hey mitch." i whisper as i sit down on the side of the bed. a gentle smile appears on his face.

christian appears on the other side of the bed. "how are you mitchel."

mitchel laughs. "fucking fantastic."

christian and mitchel hug and laugh together. i'm glad they are getting along.

"i love you man. i was so fucking worried about you." christian wipes a tear from his cheek.

"not as much as i love you." mitchel starts poking christian as he lets out a laugh.

christian pauses and reaches into his pocket pulling out his phone. "shit clinton's here. i'll go get him." christian walks out of the room leaving just mitchel and i.

"i thought you wouldn't be here right now." mitchel holds my hand.

"why wouldn't i?"

mitchel's eyes fall to the floor. "i just thought because of christian-."

i put my finger over his lips not letting him continue what he was about to say. "i love you mitchel. what happened between christian and i means nothing to me and it was a dumb mistake. you're the only person i want. no matter what we've been through or what we will go through in the future, it's always going to be you. it always has been you mitchel." a tear slips from my eye.

he leans in and wipes my tear. he gives me the most meaningful kiss anyone has ever given me. he pulls away and looks me in the eyes. "tate-."

"mitchel! i thought you fucking died bro." clinton yells while walking toward mitchel. i back away and let them chat. i sit in one of the chairs in the room next to christian.

"tate listen-." christian says gently before i cut him off.

"christian please don't. we both know it was a dumb mistake and i should have never let it happen. let's just be cool and forget about it."

he nods.

the same doctor that christian and i talked to before comes back into the room. "mitchel you are free to go whenever you please. make sure to sign out at the front desk when you do so. make sure to get lots of rest. have a good night guys."

"thank you." the doctor walks out and mitchel looks at all of us. "ready to go?"

"christian and i will go get the car ready." clinton signals christian to go with him and they walk out of the room.

i walk over to mitchel. i help him slowly get out of bed. i can tell his body is so sore.

"ready?" i smile.

"tate." mitchel says cupping my cheeks.
"it's always been you. i'm going to try and better myself for you. i love you so fucking much."

"not as much as i love you." i say jokingly while poking him. he shakes his head laughing then kisses me.

"let's get the fuck out of here." he wraps one arm around me and we walk out.

"oh shit. tate, can you go back to the room and grab my phone please? i forgot it."

"sure." i walk back to the room and grab mitchel's phone. before i step out of the room, his phone dings as a text message pops up. i look at it and read the name cassie. you have got to be fucking kidding me mitchel. is this payback because of what happened with christian? i put the phone in my pocket and walk back to mitchel with a smile not saying a word.

oh no not cassie again...
sorry it's been so long guys... again lol. i'm going to try and write more i promise!! i really hope you guys are enjoying this story :)