9

mitchel's pov:

i walked out christian's door and got into my car. i sped off and drove home.

i've been staying with clinton for a while now. christian and i haven't been on the best terms lately.

i see clinton sitting on the couch. i pray he doesn't talk to me. he turns his head. "hey how did it go." damn it.

i ignore him and go up to my room. i flop onto my bed and sigh. i shouldn't have done that to tate. who even am i? i don't know what came over me tonight.

i hear my door open. i sit up to see clinton.

"mitch what happened?"

"nothing clinton."

"come on man." he crosses his arms.

"please just let it go."

he stares at me for a few moments before walking out the door.

———

it's been a few days since i've seen tate and kras. i figured i'd give tate her space. i need to make things right between us. i miss her.

i get into my car and drive to a gas station. i go inside and pick out tate's favorite drink and candies.

i get back into my car and drive off. i pull into tate's driveway. i quickly get to her door trying not to get soaked by the rain.

i keep knocking until she opens the door. she's wearing a baggy shirt with sweatpants and her hair is in a messy bun. she looks gorgeous as always.

she has a confused look on her face. i would be confused to if i were her seeing me show up in the middle of the night after our big fight with snacks.

"hey tate."

"mitchel it's so late and raining. what are you doing here."

"i came here to apologize." i sigh. i hand her the bag with her favorite snacks inside. "i'm not looking for your forgiveness, but i do owe you an apology. i should have never done what i did to you tonight. i know i was drunk but that's not an excuse for my actions. tate i love you so much and i would never try and intentionally hurt you. you don't have to forgive me but i needed to apologize. i love you." i kiss her cheek and walk back to my car.

before i open the car door i see tate running to me.

"mitchel!" she yells. "you shouldn't be the one asking for forgiveness. i should."

i look at her confused as she says that.

"christian and i kissed."

my heart sinks and shatters into pieces. how could my best friend do this to me?

"i'm sorry mitchel, i didn't mean for it to happen. kras and i feel really guilty about it and i." she starts to cry. "i'm so sorry mitchel."

i cut her off by kissing her cold wet lips from the rain. "tate i'm not mad at you. you're the only person i want and i know this is not your fault. it's christian's."

"mitchel please don't do anything bad."

"goodnight tate." i kiss her forehead and get back into my car. i turn it on and speed off.

i know tate didn't kiss him. he kissed her. i grip the steering while as anger fills my body.

next thing i know, i lose control of the car and everything goes black.

uh oh