14 | Use Him

Elodie Blood

Hearing knocks on my door, I drop the toy I was holding for Missy to play with. I had gone shopping yesterday for food and things to occupy her. I get up from the floor and make my way over.

I had replaced my door myself after the whole gun game with Alastor. Looking through the peep hole, I see a familiar head of black hair. I undo the three locks on the door and open it.

"What do you want?" I ask, garnering his attention.

His eyes look me up and down. "We're going on a date."

"Who's the lucky girl?" I scoff.

"You." He grins ruggedly. He walks past me into my apartment.

I grip his sleeve and turn him around. "We are not going on a date. Get out of my apartment," I demand.

Alastor doesn't comply and instead grips my wrist, taking it off of him. "Yes, we are. Get ready."

"You can't just show up, walk in and say we're going on a date. I don't want to go on a date, so I will not go on a date! Especially with you of all people," I exclaim.

He reaches out a hand and runs his fingers across my neck, sending chills down my spine. He gets closer until we're inches apart, and wraps his hand around my neck.

"Elodie," he whispers, a crazy smile on his face. "Your life is on the line. We are going to go on a date. If you choose not to comply..." he looks into my eyes. "Well, let's just say I have been just dying to damage this delicate skin of yours." His other hand brushes up my side.

I shuffle in his hold. He tightens his grip on my neck. "Let go," I grumble.

"Tell me how this is going to go," he orders.

"I'll go on the date." He loosens his grip on my neck and tilts my head up.

"Good girl," he praises, and my eyes dart to his lips. "Now, go get ready."

I push away from him and storm into my room. I do simple and light makeup after taking a short shower, and make my way over to my closet. I eye my choices for dresses.

I pull out a short red dress with an open back. The silk drapes into a small bunch at the low back. I take off my clothes and slip into it, admiring myself in the mirror.

I grab black stilettos from the closet and spray perfume. I brush my hair one last time before making my way out of my room.

"Since when do you have a dog?" Alastor's back is to me as he stares down at Missy; the latter growls at him.

I clear my throat. "Why are we going on a date?"

He turns to me. "I told my superior that you were my girlfriend." It's now that I look at his attire. He's clad in an all black suit. The bottoms of his dress shoes are red.

I pout. "Aw, does someone like me?" I place a hand on my chest.

He immediately glares at me. "No," he huffs. "It just happened to slip out. The man who saw us kissing was my best friend, he would have been suspicious."