𝟮𝟲 ~ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲

Start from the beginning

"ah- it's just you tuk. what're you doing here?"
he mumbles, looking back down as the little girl takes a seat beside his slumped self.

"just wanted to see if you were okay." she sighs, rocking her legs side to side in the waters without leaving her eyes off of the heir.

"why? i'm a bad na'vi. you shouldn't worry for bad people." ao'nung couldn't help but scowl at tuk's naiveness but she just giggles.

"you're not a bad na'vi."
"and how would you know that?"

"lo'ak was like this back at home, and you're not killing other na'vi's are you?"

tuk's right.
he just needs to reflect even more about his civil behaviour with her eldest brother — in general.

"i think you'll be a good mate to my brother"
she blurts our, causing ao'nung to do a double take on the girl who doesn't have an expression signalling anything cheeky — just purely the truth.

"mate? i don't think-"
"yes, mate." she rolls her eyes in playfulness before they land on the heir's eyes.

"i've seen the way you two interact. it reminded me of my parents when they're alone." she simply shrugs, chuckling at ao'nung's frozen state.

"is it.. that obvious..?" he leans in closer with a whisper and a concentrated expression as tuk just nods in response.

ao'nung mumbles under his breath, thinking back on the times where he'd take care of neteyam.

"anyway— why are you so happy? didn't your brother get taken away."
"because i know he's strong enough to take care of himself — and lo'ak."

a content smile curls up on the girl's lips before it drops at the sight of the incoming na'vi behind ao'nung.

"ao'nung! where's nete?!"

the heir reluctantly turns his head over to her before an obvious eye roll which causes tuk to giggle behind her palm.

"are you dense?"
"didn't you see what happened or were you too busy spreading your legs?"

xau'n gasps in absolute offence, scowling at the furrowing boy.
"i think that's more of a you issue. don't project that shit with me."
"and no. i was busy out in the oceans, i didn't see shit jackass." she spits, hissing at ao'nung.

"if you didn't see than sorry to break it to you but it just means eywa thinks it's better if you didn't know." tuk chimes in, allowing the annoyance for her grow in numbers.

"you!-"
"hey! leave her alone." ao'nung immediately forces himself up, blocking xau'n before she could touch an inch on tuk's hair.

"why are you touching me?!" she immediately rips away from the heir whilst her eyes prance between the two.

"can you like get lost? you're actually making me lose my mind xau'n." ao'nung groans out of frustration before tuk stands up behind him.

"freaks." xau'n murmurs before walking away with a visible frown, confusing both tuk and ao'nung from her sudden change in demeanour.

"never liked her anyway." tuk scoffs, following ao'nung who had started to walk back to the pod where everyone had been settled.

"good. no one likes her. if she tries something with you, let me know kay?" he softly voices whilst looking down at the little girl with a frown before receiving a nod from her.

"you really think teyam will be okay? don't they have guns?"

with a moment where he could actually pinpoint thoughts a little clearer than before, the boy's annoyance at himself had grown into an extreme sense of worry for neteyam.

"he'll be okay, he's got the brains. just praying to eywa that lo'ak can actually shut his mouth and stay still before stuff goes south."
tuk sighs, in remembrance of lo'ak's reckless behaviour.

with that, the two enter into the pod where they had expected to be a serious group huddle but instead, everyone's scattered around with a tense atmosphere.

jake and tonowari are talking between the two, the two other sisters of the two family's looked as though they haven't voiced a word. as for the mother's, neytiri's expression speaks volume of vengeance, worry and anger.

but for ronal, it wasn't easy to make out.
either way, the two family's had come up with a plan with how to evacuate the two boy's from the hands of the sky people.

few days later..

todays the day.
the day where they're going into the sky people's territory.

ao'nung was ready.
ready to bring bell upon the sky people; especially after the past few days with tuk who slowly helped him into being a decant na'vi.

tuk who wanted the best for her eldest brother, the one who sees potential in the two males.

however, he had been ordered by his father to stay at the village.
by tonowari's words;
"you're the heir, you must learn to lead your people without my help. take this as a learning lesson, son."

ao'nung hates that.
he hated the fact that he couldn't be the one to see neteyam first.
hated the fact that he's being forced to stay.

but regardless, he knows his old self; without the help of tuk, he'd go bat shit crazy and force his way into their mission.

and so, he stays; along with the other three girls.
perhaps ao'nung could get to know the sully sisters and spend some time getting to know neteyam's bloodline.

1443 wc

ive got new posts up on tiktok by the way :))
@/ngatiqel <3