Chapter Thirty Eight

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, i had to make a few runs but i'm here now." I say, looking around at the crowded place. "Wow, its quite crowded." 

"Yeah." Harry chuckled. "It wasn't much when i got here."

"Harry!"

We both turned to see a guy in the boxing ring gearing up. "Ready to get your ass beat?"

"You and I both know I'll win!" Harry yelled back.

"Bring it Styles!" The guy said jumping in place shaping up for their little match up.

"Well, looks like you got trouble on your hands there." I laughed.

"Not really. I'll prove him wrong. See you mate." Harry pat my back before heading over to the ring, while I went to the locker room to get dressed into sweatpants i always workout in.

I came out and decided to go over to one of the punching bags until i spot a familiar raven haired boy punching away at a speed bag. I walked over just in time he stopped to get a short break before going at it again. "Well, well, Zayn."

Zayn stopped grabbing at the speed bag before turning to me. "Liam, hey." He say out of breath.

"You're having fun i see."

"I am." He say, punching at the bag slowly then started going faster. I watched in fascination, this kid sure has skill. He has love for boxing so i see why he's so good at it. "Wanna get a try?" he asked.

"Yeah sure, don't mind if i do." I say, carefully wrapping both my hands up. I was standing in front of the speed ball bag and began punching the bag slow at first, once started punching faster but missed. "Shit."

Zayn laughed reaching above and stopped speed ball from moving. "Looks like you have to try again, Payno."

"Shut up, I already know that." I chuckled, and started again slow punching away at the speed ball bag.

*

Zayn gotten us both a water bottle and i drunk mine down all in two minutes. We were both sweating from our workout but i felt pretty good, but i couldn't wait to hit the showers because i smelt terrible. We both sat and watched Harry in the ring fight some guy who we could tell he's not putting his all into.

"Thats was a great workout." I heard Zayn spoke up from beside me, unwrapping the tapings from his hands.

I chuckled. "Yeah, it was." I looked over to see there's cuts and few bruises on his knuckles.

"Ouch, what happened there?" I asked not liking the sight of it.

He saw what I was looking at and caught glimpse of his knuckles. "Its nothing." He shrugged like it was no big deal.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, um, heard anything from Danielle?" He asked

I sighed at the mention of her name, we haven't talked for a almost a week. "No. Besides she probably hates me, i don't blame her."

Zayn took his water bottle from his lips. "Li, don't say that. She doesn't hate you, i bet she misses you. Did you try calling her?"

"She's been avoiding my calls, so i decided to give her space." 

"Mate, don't give her too much space. Let her know you still love her and that you're willing to fix whatever's the problem."

I nodded. Just thinking about what my friend has just told me, i had no choice but to tell what i think he should hear. "Mate, you should call it off."

"Call what off?" He asked.

"You know what i mean. This thing with torturing Gabriel, it needs to stop. This what got me and Danielle where we are now. She found out that i've kept this from her and she hasn't forgiven me because of it. She feels Gabriel doesn't deserve any of this and i can't lie, mate— but i feel the same way too." I say.

"Liam-"

"Zayn, its true." I cut him off. "I'm sick of seeing Gabriel get hurt, alright? She hasn't done not a damn thing. Yeah, call me crazy but I don't care. But i'm serious, call it off."

"Are you serious-"

"I'm fucking dead serious, Zayn. You the one who started this and you're gonna end it. Got it." I hissed. "You are a really good friend, if you want to continue this friendship I suggest you at least have a change of heart, mate. Just call it off, is all I'm asking of you."

His mouth opened as if about to say something but closed it. I made my way around him heading for showers, hoping my best friend give my advice some thought but i don't know i'll just have to wait and see.

After I left the gym and took a drive home, it was still daylight out and although I was pretty tired from the workout I still couldn't get Danielle off my mind. One thing, Zayn's right about and that's not giving her too much space so I was thinking about giving her call after I get another shower. I felt pretty bad for lashing out at Zayn at the gym but I had to say something, instead of having it all building up inside.

I find Gabriel a really good person and I regret every single thing I've done to her. It was wrong but she forgave me.

I turned on my street and past a few houses until i came upon Perrie's house, I see her walked out the front door with a guy following close behind.

'Wait.. what? I know that guy. Isn't he that new guy, Tom Parker who Zayn strongly disliked?' I thought.'What the heck is he doing coming out of his girlfriend's house?'

I slowed down a bit and watched on. Before I could bat my eyes, they kissed.

What? Did Perrie kissed another guy? How could she do that? She has a fucking boyfriend for Christ sakes! That is really low. 

When they pulled away, he went into his car and she went back into the house closing the door behind her.What the actual fuck? Really?! Wait until my best friend hear what his bitch of a girlfriend been doing behind his back.