Chapter 2 - Bus Trouble

Start from the beginning

As the bus was leaving, I saw Nishino waving goodbye to her brother who was doing the same.

Kiyotaka: "You and your brother sure are close. Must be nice having a sibling."

Nishino: "Because of his temper, he was always creating trouble for our parents. When they were not around, it was my role to calm him down. He is a good guy, but not many people can handle him."

Kiyotaka: "I see."

Nishino: "Are you the only child, Ayanokouji-kun?

Kiyotaka: "Yes."

Nishino: "You seems quite sociable. I was surprised that you didn't have problems to speak with my brother, even though you two were complete strangers and he acted aggressive towards you."

Kiyotaka: "Well, I was surprised at first, but as I said earlier, I was confident in my strength. I also have some experience with violent people, so your brother behaviour wasn't as intimidating."

In my times in the America, there were many situations, when I met someone who was acting aggressive towards me. In order to survive, I was part of many fights, but thanks to my experience from the White Room, I could easily take care of many opponents.

Nishino: "Are you perhaps a delinquent, Ayanokouji-kun?"

Kiyotaka: "I would rather not think of myself as such. I am a guy, who does not start a fight, if there is no reason for that. On the contrary, I prefer peaceful environment. But being able to protect myself and those important to me at any times is something that I pursue."

Although at the moment the only one I need to protect is myself, it doesn't mean it won't change in the future. Coming back to Japan means that the White Room will find me sooner or later. And I don't think my meeting with them gonna be peaceful.

The last time I had some information of my previous 'home' was a half year ago. According to the intelligence I collected, the White Room is still functioning after my father death. The current head of it is still unknown, but he managed to maintain the facility.

It seems like they were looking for me for some time, but later on probably considered me dead. But if they find out that I am still alive, they will definitely try to catch me back.

Because up to this moment, the White Room wasn't able to create another Masterpiece.

Nishino: "That sounded kind of cool, Ayanokouji-kun. If I had some problem with some brute, I will ask for your help."

Kiyotaka: "If you don't mind sharing your contact info later, I don't mind hearing you out with your problem."

Nishino: "Sure, why not. It kinda sucks that we will be cut from the world for three years. But I hear that there are many sorts of facilities in the school to make up for that. Just thinking that I will got a new phone just like that is somehow overwhelming. As expected of the number one high school in Japan."

Kiyotaka: "The government sure is spending a lot of money just to create environment for elite students. But it just shows how important education is for our country. I don't think I have heard about such a school, when I was in the USA."

Nishino: "Eh? Ayanokouji-kun, you were living abroad?"

Kiyotaka: "Yes, I spent my last three years in the USA. I came back to Japan a few days ago."

Nishino: "So you were studying in the USA? It sounds nice. I was never abroad, even for vacation trip. My family was only going for some regional trips, like Kyoto or Okinawa."

Kiyotaka: "Well, it was certainly an unforgettable experience." For some different reasons..

Ring, ring.. Ring, ring..