Chapter 11 ~ "...gotta wait a few more years..."

January 9, 2023
Kensington Palace, 1A

Christmas and New Years had came and went, and it was now Kate's birthday.

To celebrate, they were having a family dinner at Will and Kate's apartment.

Harry stood with his brother, sister-in-law, and some of their cousins watching their children play together.

"Seems like just yesterday that was us." Eugenie smiled as she watched the children chase each other.

"Sometimes I wish it still was." Harry said softly, "Life was so much easier."

"True, but I think our lives are just starting to get exciting." William said, "We're settling into our roles in life."

Harry nodded in agreement, "I guess you're right. I wouldn't trade Archie and Lili for anything."

"You seem to have taken a shine to Skylar as well." Beatrice said with a teasing smile.

"Oh, like the rest of you haven't." Harry scoffed playfully, unable to hide his smile.

"I think it's remarkable just how alike the two of you are." Kate said.

"It's true, she's like a mini girl version of Harry." William agreed.

Harry grinned and was about to reply when his phone began to ring in his pocket. He pulled it out and excused himself before answering the call and walking a few feet away from the group.

"Well that seemed serious." Peter said as he watched Harry.

"Maybe it's about Meghan." Beatrice suggested.

A few moments later Harry rejoined the group with a smile on his face.

"Who was that got you all smiley?" William teased his younger brother.

"My lawyer." Harry grinned.

"Good news?" Kate asked with a soft laugh.

"I'm officially divorced." Harry said happily.

"You know, most people would not be so happy saying that sentence." Beatrice joked.

"He's just excited that Addy will stop saying no to going out with him now." Eugenie added causing Harry to roll his eyes playfully.

"When are you going to tell her?" William asked.

"I don't know, probably not today." Harry answered.

"Why not today? Why not now?" Kate asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Today is your day, Cath." Harry said while looking at his sister in law.

"So? Go tell her." Kate grinned, "I've waited over twenty years for the two of you to get together, consider it my birthday present."

"Really?" Harry asked unable to hide his excitement.

"Really." Kate nodded, "She's in the kitchen with Zara, Sophie and Louise. Now go tell her!"

Harry smiled and kissed Kate on the cheek before running off toward the kitchen, "Thanks Cath!"

"What are you doing?" Beatrice asked, looking over at her sister, who was rapidly typing on her phone.

"Texting Zara to start videoing, so that we can watch later." Eugenie smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~

Addy was in the kitchen, along with Sophie,  Louise, and Zara preparing the food.