Chapter 8 ~ As it was

The first half of this chapter jumps around a bit, with several flashbacks(in italics) I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~

September 21, 2022
Kensington Palace, 1A

Addy stood in the kitchen of Will and Kate's apartment, helping Kate cook dinner for the four musketeers reunion, as she had been calling it.

"Okay, what is going on with you?" Kate asked as she looked up at Addy.

"What do you mean?" Addy decided to play dumb.

"You're already on your third glass of wine and you've been oddly quiet." Kate pointed out.

"Harry and I kissed." Addy mumbled.

"Seriously?" Kate asked in shock, "Are you two together now?"

"Yes, seriously, and no, we aren't together."

"What? Why?"

"I told him that I wouldn't be his mistress, and that we could give it a try after his divorce is finalized." Addy explained.

"Rose, you and I both know that if you and Harry were to get together, you would be so much more than just his mistress." Kate said with a slight smirk.

"I know." Addy sighed, "I kind of freaked out after the kiss. I finally get the chance to have everything I've ever wanted, and I freaked out that it might go wrong."

"Okay, let me ask you this." Kate looked up at Addy from what she was cooking, "Do you love him?"

"Of course I do. I've loved him since before I even knew what love was." Addy said automatically.

"Then that is all that should matter."

"I suppose. Sometimes I just think that there might be too much history between us, and I don't want to risk losing him again if it doesn't work out." Addy sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"What kind of history?" Kate raised a brow.

"He was my first love..."

~~~~~

It was the day after her father's funeral and Harry and Addy were laying on the grass in the gardens of Longford Castle.

"Haz?" The young girl asked as she turned on her side so that she was facing her friend.

"Yeah?" He answered turning his head to look at her.

"Promise that you'll never leave me?" She practically begged, with tears in her eyes.

"I'm not going anywhere, Briar. We'll be together forever, maybe even get married someday." He laced their fingers together, holding her hands tightly

Addy giggled at the thought of marriage. "I love you Haz.

"I love you to Briar."

~~~~~

"my first kiss..."

~~~~~

Addy and Harry, as well as most of his family, were spending summer at Balmoral with the Queen.

The princess and prince duo were currently having a picnic in one of the large green fields that covered the land.

"Have you had your first kiss yet?" A fifteen year old Harry asked the girl beside him.