Chapter 4 ~ Promises

It's official I can't follow an update schedule, so here you go!

~~~~~~~~~~~

September 7, 2022
Balmoral Castle, Scotland

After receiving a phone call from a very distraught William, Addy and Skylar flew to Scotland.

William had told Addy that the Queen wasn't doing well, and that she wanted Addy there.

Before they had left Genovia, Addy had sat down with Skylar and explained to the young girl what was happening, before asking if she wanted go or stay at Longford with her Nana. Skylar chose to go to England in the end, with Joe accompanying them, in case the young princess decided she wanted to go home early.

Skylar had first met Queen Elizabeth, in August when Queen Clarisse held a state dinner in honor of the new princess. Elizabeth had immediately taken a liking to the young girl, insisting that she call her Granny.

When they arrived at Balmoral, Joe, with the help of a few staff members took their luggage from the car and to their room.

Kate and William greeted, Skylar and Addy at the entrance and began leading them through the castle.

"How is she?" Addy asked softly.

"Getting weaker, her doctor said he believes she is only waiting to say her goodbyes." Will had tears in his eyes.

"Has anyone been able to tell Harry?"

"We both tried ringing him and he didn't answer, same for Charles. Genie rang him a little bit ago and he finally answered, he said he'd be here as soon as he could." Kate informed her.

"Is she coming with him?" Addy asked quietly, so that Skylar, who was busy admiring the artwork on the walls, wouldn't hear.

"He didn't say."

Addy nodded, "Can you promise me something?" She asked earning nods from her friends.

"I do not want that woman around my daughter. If she shows up and for some reason I don't notice, get Skylar out of the room. Meghan hates me and I don't even want to give her the opportunity to take that out on Skylar."

"Of course we will Rose, you know that we'd do anything to protect that little girl." Kate gave her friend a reassuring smile, receiving a thankful look from Addy.

~~~~~~~~~~

September 8, 2022
Santa Barbara, California

From the time he had gotten off the phone with his cousin, Harry had been running around his house frantically packing bags for himself and his kids, as well as trying to get tickets for a flight.

He wasn't sure how he had managed it but they were now on a plane flying to England.

Meghan wasn't with them however, she had gone out with some of her friends a few days ago and he hadn't heard from her sense, not that it was an uncommon occurrence, she often disappeared for days only to reappear and pretend nothing had happened.

Harry was tired of it, he was beginning to realize that his wife was only with him for the fame, and that she had manipulated him to give her everything that she wanted.

That little voice in his head was constantly screaming, "You screwed up! Admit it and go home." And now he was going home, to say goodbye to his beloved granny.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Queen's quarters were now filled with crying family members listening to Elizabeth tell her final wishes to her family.